1/87 Scale Ukraine Ambush Dio

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A 1/87 scale ambush dio featuring German & US AA an AT equipment. I envision AAA for copters, AA missiles for fast movers and various anti-tank weapons. Here below I'm taking on the first one, a Fuchs AA command & control APC. Have I mentioned how much I hate 1/87 resin? The huge sprue attachments are an acute PITA as sometimes they are too big for my razor saw to take in one swipe. This makes it necessary to take several cuts causing additional risk of damaging the part & my digits.
100_3483.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I'm in Paul. Another busy, braille scale dio is not to be missed.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seat at the front, but away from that saw.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen.
Well Richard, it wasn't too gory. Two nicks & a minor flesh wound was all.
100_3486.JPG
Dry fit
100_3485.JPG
Near future period Neil.

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks an interesting project Paul, I'm in!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice injury Paul...we modelers just love spewing blood all over the place...there ought to be a blood donation drive posting here. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Wabble

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Nice ,not that i doubted your integrity but always good to keep it real ,I dont mind resin as you say some of the casting blocks are ridiculous, seems to be lots to keep you busy there plastic and resin ,viva la small stuff. Dave

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The Germans throw nothing away, as this is a 70s PC w/upgraded drive train, electronics, internal armor, weapons, & coms. Ideal for export as Fuchs 2 is also currently operational. Apparently the new wheeled IFV had a SW glitch so the Ukraine will get the tracked Marder, better for Rasputitsa anyhow.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice injury Paul...we modelers just love spewing blood all over the place...there ought to be a blood donation drive posting here. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Wabble
I’m reading this thinking I’ve done really well as regards blood loss recently.
There I said it, that’s my night at the bench scuppered. I better find the plasters now.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I hear you five by five on the RESIN!! especially those blocks of debris they attach the tiniest of parts to.......what are they thinking???
Nice flesh wound Bro, keep the Mojo riding, this looks like it's gonna be an interesting dio. :thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Noodling about w/donated German armor. Have found some white cross decals to cover iron crosses. May have to change camo if Netherlands sends the Leopards. I don't think they do NATO camo., any thoughts? Roland & Gepard could be from German mothball stocks. Gepards are already in Ukraine service from Germany & are very effective against drones & slow cruise missles.
100_3495.JPG
100_3494.JPG
100_3493.JPG
100_3492.JPG
Don't think anyone will send the latest version of Leopard or any Abrams due to training considerations.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I hear you five by five on the RESIN!! especially those blocks of debris they attach the tiniest of parts to.......what are they thinking???
Nice flesh wound Bro, keep the Mojo riding, this looks like it's gonna be an interesting dio. :thumb2:
The tabs are basically the reservoirs that the resin is poured in. The larger the reservoir the easier to pour and bubbles to escape and you don't need to top up to fill in the spaces where the bubbles have escaped or when the resin shrinks.

Cheers,
Wabble

• Wow