1/87 Scale Ukraine Ambush Dio

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just read some NATO countries are sending refurbished Leopard 1s. I'm pretty sure I don't have any. I may have to rethink my armor deployment & concentrate on Jaegers.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sit tight Paul, before long they'll have everything but the "kitchen sink" over there.......have you given any thought to a larger dio base? :thinking: :tears-of-joy: ;) :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is the largest base I can easily (it's heavy & bulky) move about the cave Rick.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well then it's back to interchangeable elements ....always makes it interesting. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love it Paul, esp the use of existing bases.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I always love to watch these Dios of yours come together Paul,so full of action and details. :smiling3:
Cracking stuff mate!

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Found a Leopard 1 to add to 6 Leopard 2s of various marks, a Gephard, a Roland & Unimog w/reloads and potentially 6 Foxes of various marks plus 15 infantry. Too much?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Buddy, I'm a bit confused here. Are you building this as an 'in the near future' dio, or current 'today time' dio??? Looks like you have a bunch of good stuff gathered up for it, whichever way you go. I'll try to keep up Paul...

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Found a Leopard 1 to add to 6 Leopard 2s of various marks, a Gephard, a Roland & Unimog w/reloads and potentially 6 Foxes of various marks plus 15 infantry. Too much?
No don't think it is Paul, from the news shots there's always a great mix of kit on the Ukrainian side . If you can fit them in then great .

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is found Leopard1. This summer maybe. Too early for Abrams & Bradleys. Maybe I should take off A6s as well & will sub w/Marders or Fuchs maybe?
100_3534.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sounds like an ambitious plan Paul, maybe some extra equipment stowage as well.......I'm interested to see what you come up with. :thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Did a search & found the Russians are using T-62s in Ukraine along w/T-72s, T-80s & some T-90s as well as various marks of AFV & APC. No wonder their tail is such a mess.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You've set yourself quite a task Paul. Trying to model an ever changing situation is difficult indeed. Whatever you include I'm sure the result will be convincing and we'll executed.