A Vickers Tank

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
`ERE THEN....
Keep this quiet.... but i`ve done some more;)....
Time to get the second primer coat on... and turrets... and roller wheels... and tracks... and.... :flushed:.... well..... STUFF :thumb2:.......
View attachment 449281
View attachment 449282
View attachment 449283

OH,and you might spot i did drill those brackets out a little:thumb2:.... and finally the Little guy that you`ll hardly see..... if at all!!:astonished:....
View attachment 449284
Looks a bit of a mong.... but he may suffice!!:rolling:
Andy
Just doing has 40th sit-up, what can you expect!
Steve

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then Chaps,.... a further update.....
There won`t be much in the way of weathering/Damage going on for this build,just a bit of "Dirtyting up". Reason is quite brutal really......
These things may well have been Top Notch when first launched about 1930,however,by the outbreak of WW2 they were seriously behind the times,so they looked pretty pristine ...... until they got involved in a scrap...... then that was pretty much exactly what they,almost instantly,became!!:loudly-crying:
Because of the weird camo scheme,(Never have quite understood this style?:thinking:),this won`t be going into a full blown Diorama......Just a simple base,a "Half Diorama" if you like.... or a "Christian" as i like to call them;)........ as in "Dior"..... see what i did there?!!..... OK ,i`ll get me coat!
Anyway,enough of my Ramblings.... PROGRESS.......
The obvious thing to do when trying something new,(IE Brush painting this Tri camo),is to practice on an old kit/Test piece........
...... NAH.........
IMG20220324175725.jpg

.... Just get stuck in i say:thumb2:.Rather Garish at that stage.Wasn`t sure about doing the Black edging that some of this style Camo is shown with,and actual pics of these MK A`s are hard to come by,but i did find this one......
Vickers_E.jpg
A bit hard to see,but you can make out said Blackness,mainly on the upper Hull stuff. SO......
IMG20220326104155.jpg

Not perfect by any means,a bit of touching up needed i now notice,but it`s getting there.... that`s also,more less the extent that the whole thing will be weathered to.
More over the weekend.... Good fun this.... I`d recommend this kit to anyone:thumb2:,
Thanks for looking in,
Cheers for now,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
EYES DOWN.... FULL HOUSE......
A teeny bit of progress coming up......
Tidied up the running gear camo stuff and added the track guards,brackets and stowage boxes.....
IMG20220327180430.jpg
IMG20220327180443.jpg
I know,I know,it`s looking pretty crap on the upper camo at the mo... but,as i said.... ALL my blogs are "Warts an all"!!.... But don`t worry dear reader.... it`s early days and will be fine in the end !!;)..... and just to prove all that.... ere`s the next phase continued....
IMG20220327180403.jpg
IMG20220327180414.jpg
....:dizzy::astonished::flushed::loudly-crying:... i know.... shocking isn`t it?!!..... TBC.......

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't underestimate your work Andy, it looks pretty good to me .Not easy to do camo like that and I think you've cracked it .
Hi to Rach and Mr Cohan .

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Don't underestimate your work Andy, it looks pretty good to me .Not easy to do camo like that and I think you've cracked it .
Hi to Rach and Mr Cohan .
Cheers John,much appreciated Sir :thumb2:,
Right back at you and Christine too mate:cool:,
Andy

Reactions: JR