Airfix 1/600 Mauretania

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's annoying Peter.
I've not looked, but are there any 1909 images knocking about?

If it was my model, I would take it as read that she had the paint job as stated by Airfix. Apart from your good self, who would have known of your perceived error had you not posted the above?

Apart from that, it will be difficult to paint over the black with white, without a 'Slight' difference in shade being apparent....

I would leave the black on this very nice model as it is. But as the old saying goes 'Your model, your choice.'

Ron

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
That's annoying Peter.
I've not looked, but are there any 1909 images knocking about?

If it was my model, I would take it as read that she had the paint job as stated by Airfix. Apart from your good self, who would have known of your perceived error had you not posted the above?

Apart from that, it will be difficult to paint over the black with white, without a 'Slight' difference in shade being apparent....

I would leave the black on this very nice model as it is. But as the old saying goes 'Your model, your choice.'

Ron
Peter?
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry Chris. Senior Moment.....
Happens to me all the time Ron…..

Looks very good to me Dave. I would guess that the Airfix scheme is as built, and the later black was added to imitate newer ships like the Titanic? Either way it looks excellent from here :thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I couldn't leave it like that, so I've got the white paint out.................. It will probably need another coat, but then that will be it - I'll be posting pictures of the finished thing in the completed section tomorrow
Dave

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good job so far Dave, funny is that even the box top shows the color line difference from the instruction sheet. The second coat should cover that up.

Cheers,
Richard

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Good job so far Dave, funny is that even the box top shows the color line difference from the instruction sheet. The second coat should cover that up.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard,
yes, it was staring me n the face every time I looked at the box & my first post in this tread as well!
Dave