Allen's 1/72 Hasegawa Mitsubishi Ki67 'Peggy' Bomber

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Yeah, you read the title right.......1/72 and just for Mr. Smiff's GB!!! I've dug deep and found my 10X lens for the Optivisor to build this too....

My Victim is an older kit from 2000 and comes with a I Gou Type 1 Kou guided bomb. I purchased this kit at a model flea market earlier this year for €15. Inside the box was also a set of canopy masks with a price of DM9.95 (€5)...They are tiny and I'm not sure if I'll use them or not. Anyway, the usuals,

IMG_3891.JPG
The stuff in the box,

IMG_3892.JPG
The frosted pieces in the bag above the decals are to allow the props to spin freely (can you say 'blow' at 'em)............The Destructions,

IMG_3893.JPG
They seem OK and there is a little slicing & dicing to be done during the build............The Sprues,

IMG_3894.JPG
IMG_3895.JPG
IMG_3896.JPG
The detail is pretty good and I hope the fit is too!!! I also think there will be some putty used during the build. No figs are supplied, but I have some ancient ones in a box, somewhere, that are seated pilots. Just gotta find them. For a 2000 release, this kit seemed rather expensive for the time,

IMG_3897.JPG
But what do I know!!!...These modern wing thingys are way over my head!!!...Building won't start immediately as I have other stuff to clear up first. Prolly the 3rd week in July and I also have to get some paints at the show here on 8-9 July., in Stammheim...Those and a few more "cuss jars" for masking all that damn glass!!! Let the fun come folks!!!........

Oh, and Andrew, you think you got it tough stepping up from 1/72 to 1/48???...Try stepping (way) down from 1/32 to 1/72 Bro!!!........

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ah Allen, building 'Betty's' sister I see.

Looks like they share the same airframe but have different nose jobs. Are you going for the same color scheme as the box top?
Chipping and weathering will be fun on these planes.

Cheers,
Wabble.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yeah, you read the title right.......1/72 and just for Mr. Smiff's GB!!! I've dug deep and found my 10X lens for the Optivisor to build this too..
Oh, and Andrew, you think you got it tough stepping up from 1/72 to 1/48???...Try stepping (way) down from 1/32 to 1/72 Bro!!!........

Prost
Allen

And so the brainwashing begins!!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Folks,

Thanks for dropping in and I really have to apologize for not keeping up with all your great builds. The weather has cooled off and I am trying to do as much as possible at the table before the next heat wave comes. Please give this old guy a chance...

Ah Allen, building 'Betty's' sister I see.

Looks like they share the same airframe but have different nose jobs. Are you going for the same color scheme as the box top?
Chipping and weathering will be fun on these planes.

Cheers,
Wabble.
Hi Buddy, I really don't know much about this wing thingy and I will probably go with that scheme. Chipping and weathering will also be in the cards, but how much, I'm not sure. I do have to catch up with you about the show and your fantastic dio too my friend. A truly great job and gong to boot!!!....

Will watch and perhaps learn something Dude 1
Learn something from me Brother??? Surely you jest Dude 2!!!......I'm just gonna dive in and see what happens with this build...Oh, and I know, don't call you Shirley. Owe you a PM too.....

And so the brainwashing begins!!!
Yours or mine Buddy??? As long as I can still see the parts after a week of building, I might just survive, and finish this one!!!...If not, send care packages to me in the rubber room...

Different Allen, I’ve just pulled up my chair.
Great to see you Ian, but it will be a little while before I can start. Did you bring your sleeping bag with you Sir??? I need to ketchup with your fine builds too...

Seriously Dude 1??? That bird is huge compared to a Bf 109 in the same scale! You should be able to get by with a 5 power lens, no sweat. :nerd: :nerd: :tongue-out3: :thumb2:
It's not the size of the wing thingy Bro!!! it's the size of all the tiny tidbits inside it that's killin' me and therefore maximum magnification will be needed in this endeavor...Oh, and Rick, Look at all that canopy/glass noise that needs tending to!!! ThankfulIy, I only have 3 wheels worry worry about, unlike your Sani, but with my luck, they all won't touch the ground either...I'm doomed man!!!...

Thanks once again and see you when I start screwing up this build in mid July...

Prost
Allen

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Nice to see you having a go at the gentleman’s scale Allen :tongue-out:

Looks an interesting kit, looking forward to seeing it go together, good luck with the build :thumb2:

Geoff.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A lot of plastic there for a 1/72 kit. Looks like the masking set may be very useful.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice to see you having a go at the gentleman’s scale Allen :tongue-out:

Looks an interesting kit, looking forward to seeing it go together, good luck with the build :thumb2:

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff, but I don't think I'll be too gentleman like trying to build it! Then again, I'm always up for a real challenge. I just hope the optivisor gods are on my side Sir!!!...

A lot of plastic there for a 1/72 kit. Looks like the masking set may be very useful.
I was quite surprised too Jim! As to the masking set, I have purchased a 10 gallon swear jar, just for when I attempt them. The big worry I have is will they stick, being so old...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a catch up on this one Allen,as has been said,that sure is a lot of plastic for a 1/72 jobbie:dizzy:!
My first entry for the GB will also be a Hasegawa kit,(first one of their's for me),and I gotta say I'm also impressed with the detail :thumb2:,
Looking forward to see you tackle this one mate.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I’ll tag along if I may, always find your builds mega interesting. :thumb2:
Not sure about that Doug...Before I get stared on this, you could probably finish your Chally Sir!!!...

Just had a catch up on this one Allen,as has been said,that sure is a lot of plastic for a 1/72 jobbie:dizzy:!
My first entry for the GB will also be a Hasegawa kit,(first one of their's for me),and I gotta say I'm also impressed with the detail :thumb2:,
Looking forward to see you tackle this one mate.
Thanks for reminding me there are so many parts Andy!!! I need a lie down now. These Hasegawa kits do look pretty cool though and the detailing ain't too shabby either. Should building it go south, I have an evil plan for it though....

Prost
Allen

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
A Japanese bomber with a guided weapon is definitely an interesting subject. I guess you'll master 1/72 too! :smiling4:

BTW, just reading the name Stammheim still gets shivers down my spine.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Not sure about that Doug...Before I get stared on this, you could probably finish your Chally Sir!!!...
Waiting for new glasses before work will resume. I’m hoping by the end of next week. New optician so we’ll see if they’re as good at delivery as they are at prescribing them!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I'll sit in and watch if hats ok.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn All, from a much cooler Bamberg,

A Japanese bomber with a guided weapon is definitely an interesting subject. I guess you'll master 1/72 too! :smiling4:

BTW, just reading the name Stammheim still gets shivers down my spine.
I hope so too my friend! It is tiny compared to 1/32....I think it's time we have a chat about your new day job as poet though Andrea...LOL!!!

Waiting for new glasses before work will resume. I’m hoping by the end of next week. New optician so we’ll see if they’re as good at delivery as they are at prescribing them!!!
Me too Doug! I really need to get my eyes checked as I think I need glasses myself. I ain't getting any younger...

Good luck with this miniature build Allen :smiling5:
Thanks Mick! I see you have also gone with a tiny thang for this GB. Should be fun too, Buddy...

Well I'll sit in and watch if hats ok.
Good to have have you along Boss! I hope not too mess this up...too much...

With all the excitement over the start of Mr.Smiffs GB and all the great builds getting started, that I'll never be able to keep up with, I decided to dive right in. I was going to wait until the 10th to start, but the urge to pop the top off was too great to resist today,

IMG_3908.JPG
OOOPS!!!..........See you all on the the 10th, I guess.............

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Your Ok Lee. I always do a shakedown at the door before I start a build...Dude 2 is clean.............

I finally played a little with Peggy today, and I started off with something simple to ease into it. I bought paint at the show last weekend, so now I can get to it. The payload,

IMG_3910.JPG
This is the I Gou type 1 Kou guided bomb. A whopping 10 pcs! From now on, I'll call it #27, from looking at the menu in a local Japanese restaurant....

IMG_3911.JPG
It went together rather well and with a minimum of cleanup. Last night, I went digging through some old parts boxes and managed to find some seated figs to put in the pit,

IMG_3918.JPG
The guy on the left w/the yellow melon is out! The brown suited guy is too big and a propeller has chopped off his feet. The 2 on the sprue are from Monogram's 1/72 Do-217 'pencil' kit from 1969. The other 2 are probably from Monogram, but I have no Idea which kit. It looks like I will have to fix the bullet hole in the guy's belly on the left too!!! Painting them should be sooo much fun!.!.!......NOT!!!...

A start, by any other name, is still a start.........More will be happening sooner than later everyone....................

Prost
Allen