Alternative to Dremel?

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Here is a tip. Forget the Dremel, it has its uses, but I have now decided it’s a luxury as I have used it only twice since buying it.

Instead get a Wow Stick off Amazon! It is rechargeable and pen sized. Ideal for drilling holes in plastic or gun barrels. I rarely used my Dremel but I use the Wow Stick on every model.

It really is brilliant.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
The maternal side all seemed to be employed by one or two woollen mills & live locally - often on the same street & all went to the same church for births, marriages & deaths - so it was easy to track them down! The only one that stood out in the census returns was a 'Jacquard Card Puncher' - which had to be looked up! he rejoiced in the name of Orlando ( must have been a Shakespeare influence somehow )
One of the hopes in doing a family history is that something juicy turns up, but the maternal side were all solid law abiding citizens, with no scandals ( at least none we could track down ). On the other hand, the paternal side...................
Dave
Damn! My mother always claims I was found under the Gossberry bush, so now i know my parentage is plant like....

First Name
Andy
The only one that stood out in the census returns was a 'Jacquard Card Puncher'
Dave
Dave, I could have told you what that was without looking it up as they used Jacquard looms in the pattern shop of the tweed mill I started my apprenticeship in 60 years ago.

Andy.