Attitude Change!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
So atm nothing gets thrown out before very careful consideration, even SWMBO keeps asking me whether I need this or that before chucking it.
I envy you! This very evening I said to her, don't throw it away - I can use that!!
I walk in the kitchen and she's coming in the door! I look at the kitchen work top where I had placed my latest acquisition!! Nothing!!
'Where have you been' I ask?? OH!!!
Mmmmmm "OH" indeed!! More training needed I think!

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
I envy you! This very evening I said to her, don't throw it away - I can use that!!
I walk in the kitchen and she's coming in the door! I look at the kitchen work top where I had placed my latest acquisition!! Nothing!!
'Where have you been' I ask?? OH!!!
Mmmmmm "OH" indeed!! More training needed I think!
Yes indeed, mine is trained well, don't tell her I said that though.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Keep Flora ( other speads are available) tubs with most of my stuff in .
Luckily Christine's always asks "will this be any good " so there always something to keep " just in case "

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Keep Flora ( other speads are available) tubs with most of my stuff in .
Luckily Christine's always asks "will this be any good " so there always something to keep " just in case "
Consolation for me is - tis early days!!! I'm sure she'll think of me when discarding what might be useful!! (I hope).

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The lidded plastic tubs that our local Chinese takeaway use are perfect for storing "scenic" materials for diorama. I horde them all and have a load chock full of bought stuff like static grass etc but then many with home made items like old coffee grounds, used tea leaves, sawdust, sand, soil, twigs and just about anything I see lying around that might come in handy!
Very good for storage and you can see the items without opening the container. The little tublets for sauces also come in handy for batches of soil and base material. All my greenery stuff are now kept in neat separate containers since I found them in a huge falling apart carton box.
I use polystyrene meat trays to put cut plastic around the work table to free the workspace of debris and for easy searching for that right sized bit for scratching.
On another note...we all use the most controversial materials that aren't environmentally friendly but subconsciously keep them away from bins by hoarding or displaying it or disposing them correctly. I do worry about what we wash down the drain even if its in small quantities...every little drop can make a mighty...

Cheers,
Wabble

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
My Rach is really good at this too ..
.... She's always producing stuff and asking,"can you use this?",or,"is this any good for your models?"....
..... Sometimes I almost feel guilty if my reply is,"not really thanks darling",( not that that happens often mind. ;) )

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
My Rach is really good at this too ..
.... She's always producing stuff and asking,"can you use this?",or,"is this any good for your models?"....
..... Sometimes I almost feel guilty if my reply is,"not really thanks darling",( not that that happens often mind. ;) )
AN YES Smithy my jen is the same any cartons an plastic tubs what her make up comes in an she says can you use this to put things in an i always accept them as once she offered some tubs an i said no thanks as got enough junk up in the cave now an so she threw them out an would you beleive it but a few days later them tubs were just what i wanted Aaaaaaccchhhh cant win can we lol
chrisb

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
That's just hinting that she wants a holiday, it getting a suitcase for your wedding anniversary that really sends a message..........

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That's just hinting that she wants a holiday, it getting a suitcase for your wedding anniversary that really sends a message..........
WELL Karl i gather you havnt had a suitcase for your wedding anniversary that really sends a message.........lol
:rolling: ;) :face-with-head-bandage:.
chrisb