boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all well i dont beleive it as victor meldrew said
got to take it easy now as getting old now never thought id get this age nr 70 an i keep foggeting things as im a bit angry with myself as i went an bought that seaking chopper for tiger an did all that fiddley work of fitting in a motor only to find out yesterday that i had already bought a seaking kit with a motor fitting atttechment all built in by airfix all i had to do was just push the motor into the fitting an it would have saved me all that fiddley work i did but well at least the motor is in ok but yes bought the kit 2 yrs ago but i had forgotten about it an it was hidden away in a cuboard Aaaaaaaaaacccchhhhhhh cant win an then i needed the decals for that period on the chopper so sent for some only to find i had them already in my other kit what a plonker i am anyway such is life eh all anyway now ive calmed down after that incedent im fitting in the choppers landing lights so onward an up
chris b

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Getting older certainly makes remembering difficult at times. I can go up stairs and when I get there forget what I went for in the first place :rolling:
The helicopter is superb and I'm glad the motor works as it should.
Keep at it, the end is in sight :thumb2:
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Getting older certainly makes remembering difficult at times. I can go up stairs and when I get there forget what I went for in the first place :rolling:
The helicopter is superb and I'm glad the motor works as it should.
Keep at it, the end is in sight :thumb2:
Jim
YEA Jim im the same go downstairs to get something an no i cant remember what i came down for then i have to go back up an sit an have a think an then it will come to me well if this is getting old lark an retirement i think they can keep it an all you youngsters remember this as this is how you will be so dont hurry into retirment lol an Jim cheers for your nice comments
chris b

• Haha
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris and Jim, I can totally relate my friends, and agree that getting is not all it's cracked up to be.
YES Garry an Jim its horrible ai'nt it gettin old an losein your marbles lol
chris b

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well on with the chopper build now i think i have committed sacrilage here as i think you guys who make your models true to the real thing will think this but its to do with the slidein door on this seaking as i want it to open an close so ive fitted 2x 2mm tiny channell rails on the chopper so the door can slide back an forth so open an close but when its all painted up in a dark blue i dont think it will notice much as i dint want to just glue it in postion anyway here it is in the closed postion IMG_7051.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an then i finished off the landing lights in the helo's front as cant do any more on this till ive made up the landing gear outriggers with their nav leds in thats next but the landing lights look good an work ok an none of these wires will be seen as they will be under the floor IMG_7053.JPG

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
YEA Jim im the same go downstairs to get something an no i cant remember what i came down for then i have to go back up an sit an have a think an then it will come to me well if this is getting old lark an retirement i think they can keep it an all you youngsters remember this as this is how you will be so dont hurry into retirment lol an Jim cheers for your nice comments
chris b
What's stairs lol, my valet carrys me on horseback lol

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Think your build will be better than the one you've found Chris . Love the sliding door , very neat .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Think your build will be better than the one you've found Chris . Love the sliding door , very neat .
AN Cheers John lets hope so as i could not belive it to find another new kit an one what would take a motor straight away as to fit the one i did i was shattered with all the fileing an sanding down to get it to fit but i was afraid in case i took off too much then id be back to rebuilding it an pleased you like the slideing door yes ive done this in all my choppers that fit on the ships as im gonna fit a weak white led in the cabin an where the the main door is an with crew figures inside the chopper should look good hopefully hope you an christine are both well
chris b

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris it's your model, so however you want to make it, or alter it, is your decision, and more power to you. Purists be buggered :smiling:
COR many thanks for that Garry great releif off my mind an yes i aggree with you glad you like all like it so far guys
cheers Garry hope you are well an your SWMBO as well
ATB
Chris b

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
It's certainly going well - don't worry about having a spare kit, they're always useful!
Can't wait to pop up and see her on the pond!