boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wow Chris, that is one amazing looking ship. Glad you got the electrics sorted. Have you got a BSc in electronics by chance, looks like a lot of spaghetti to me.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow that was a mission Chris, so glad you got it sorted. Jen is a gem.
HI Garry yes so am i its a wheight off my shouloders as i was dreadin doin it as that gun turret is fairly fraglie an can be broke easy an i dint want more rework on tiger an yes jen sure has her moments as she has helped me out no end of times as she beats the carpet monster hands down any lost bit an she finds it
CHEERS
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow Chris, that is one amazing looking ship. Glad you got the electrics sorted. Have you got a BSc in electronics by chance, looks like a lot of spaghetti to me.
AN HI Andy yes tiger has got the wow factor just wish her eletronics would behave but i hope they will on this 6th attempt when she goes to the Norwich pond an spaghetti wirein eh well andy all that wirein has power goin through them just a few spares as really the ship is not finished got more leds to fit on her but will do them when i can say the motor eletrics are good
CHEERS SIR for lookin in on the tiger build
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well done both of you. Working together and job's done.
HI Jim yes you are right sir but thats what married life is all about helpin each other an we have just had our 43rd yr weddin aniverassery an yes we have had our diffecents but keepin togeather is what its all about from our point of veiw
AN YES Jen soon helps me if i have a problem on the ship as i think she likes modeling as she does a lot of diomon art so in a way she is a moddeler lol
cheers Jim ATB SIR
jen an chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well a little bit back on my tiger as i thought she was already to go for her next sortie on Norwich pond but new infomataion has come to light today from a gent on another forum regardin the ESC 'S wires over heating an melitin so a couple of pics of what ive been dicussin with the gent an firstly a pic of the actual leads he has sent me an im still not sure what they will do but i think they are mini critcal cutoff chips units or solid state relays to stop the wires gettin to hot fitted inline from the ESC'S to THE R/X an here they are will fit them in when i have a chanceIMG_8838.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS JUST a thought to say only another 3 wks before the open day at Norwich pond so i then can hopefully sail tiger an see if these new opto leads will work on her R/X LEAD S an stop them melting when saiin the chap said it should cure the probs so hopefully the leads will do the job an hope it will as i can then finally say this model is finished so gonna be a nerve rackin day
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow! she's superb!
HI Steve many thanks for your kind comment an im glad you like her as she turned out great after about a 5 yr build but just got to hope them new eletronics that im fittin in her behave themselves on the day an yes i will do a pre run test before she goes to the pond as i dont want to get there an have them fail at the pond so a lot restin on them opto leads oh dear just got to hope for the best an hope that chap who made them knows what he's talkin about as im all out of ideas
ATB Sir
chris