Boatmans Super Tomcat F14D Build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I’m sure you will accomplish this Chris you know you like to Flex those scratch built muscles of yours. I’ll be on the side lines watching.
HI Lee scratchbuilt muscles indeed :smiling::smiling::smiling:lol but i suppose they are lol but im now just goin to resize the pics then to post some pics in a little while of these engines an for a model they are bloomin BIG an i hope to fit in a couple of white leds to show up the engines thanks for havin a look an bein n the sidelines just got to hope this is possible :rolling::nerd::anguished::anguished:
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm watching , look out for spiders and wasps while your building Chris ;)
YES John thanks lol ive had my fill of them already an if you can call this rain summer well its only just started i wonder what bloomin things will attack me this year ? lol
Aaaaaaccchhhrrr an hope you are gettin over your probs sir cheers for lookin in J/R
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well ive now today been building the engines for this super tomcat an they are quite detailed so hope i can make the engine covers open so they can be seen an first pic ive just buit only part of them engines IMG_8986.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN here against my hand you can see how big these engines are an these are the main engine parts but still quite a few parts to fit on them an this is why i think they deserve to be seen if i can make it so with tiny hinges an opening an closeing covers panels an hopefully some light fitted to show the engines up as the will be under the big wings in the dull shaded area but firstly ive got to be able to use a razor saw to cut out the panels which will be a miricle in itself for me to do it but as the sayin goes never say never lol
chrisbIMG_8989.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That photo with your hand shows the size of this build well Chris.
Building an extention for it ? ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That photo with your hand shows the size of this build well Chris.
Building an extention for it ? ;)
HI John yes it is a big model an im enjoyin the build but could not do anything today as had sis in law over an then freinds turned up so a wasted day oh dear as i planned to finish them engines off but will have a go tomorrow

• Sad
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
At least your not making the tea still for all these guests Chris.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
At least your not making the tea still for all these guests Chris.
OH yes i am John that job always gets pushed onto me as while jen entertains the guests an introduce her sister to them but nice to have freinds come an one of them has been helping me on my laptop so thats usefull while im tea boy lol
HOPE BOTH are well
chris an jen

• Wow
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OH yes i am John that job always gets pushed onto me as while jen entertains the guests an introduce her sister to them but nice to have freinds come an one of them has been helping me on my laptop so thats usefull while im tea boy lol
HOPE BOTH are well
chris an jen
That's kind of them Chris .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just caught up on your mamouth build, when it is finished and on display and you turn on all those lights you will scare the pants off people.... :cool:
HI Mike thanks but why it will scare the pants off people i cant imgine but they may need sunglasses lol an thanks for lookin in on the build
cheers mike
ATB mate
That's kind of them Chris .
YES it is John as my laptop has been crashin several times this week but its better now since that chap had a look at it
ATB BOTH
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HELLO Chaps well still workin on the big cats engines an hopefully i think ive finished them an i know copper colour on the engines pipes an such may not look right but i see someone else paint them this colour an it was a hit with me so ive had go when paint dry to try an fit them in the fusalarge a then see if its possible to cut out opening hatches so they can be seen but it may not be possible but i'll have a good try but im only goin to do a cut out on the show port side an now a couple of pics IMG_8992.JPGIMG_8993.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very neatly done Chris, good luck with cutting the opening.
THANKS Garry yes im pleased with how the engines now look an they are spurrein me on to try the idea of havin a opening engine cover so today im goin to lay out the lower half of the fusalarge an lay in the just the port side engine an see where the cut out for the openin cover will be an if possible see if i can cut it out an fit in two mini hinges for open an closein covers but how i will cut it out still remains to be seen
ATB Garry