Box Diorama with a Soviet Self-Propelled Gun SU-122

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking great John. I like the shop scene. What’s up with this guy looks like he’s getting ready to kick this guy in the hip is he a Bully lol. Figures are looking good too my friend. View attachment 470226
Lee he's cross as the tankies ate the other chickens ! Thanks buddy.

Really love what you are doing with this build John, the attention to detail is fabulous, love that engine pack, it really brings a new level to the overall build..
Cheers Chris.
John, it's definitely a lovely brilliant project both in design ingenuity and modelling skills.

Andrea
Very kind of you to say Andrea.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Today saw the taking apart an old dio to retrieve the lights , getting to the point where the older stuff will be either put in the attic or thrown. Sounds harsh but they take up so much room.

Having removes the lights and fitteds them to the box this is how they look.Just have to order the flashing arc welding kit.

2022_2.jpg2022_4.jpg2022_5.jpg2022_6.jpg
Since these were taken I've added some thin black cotton to the gen set for the lighting.

Thanks for looking in, off for streak pie with gluten free pastry.:smiling3::nerd::thumb2:

John.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That, Dude 2, is totally exquisite work!!! That lighting shows the inside of the building off perfectly!!! When you get a minute, check and see if the chickens have laid any eggs for breakfast.......Oh, and don't eat too many pastries Brother. You gotta watch out for the girlish figure you know.......

Prost
Dude 1

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply brilliant!

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very artsy-f....y John, but of course, you are an artist, and yes the contrast is very effective IMHO.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Not sure what happened there, but I managed to post three times!!!?

• Haha

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking great John, the SU with the transmission hanging off the crane is a nice set up, the figures look a bit like a 90's boy band, (take Thatski?) but I can imagine them trying to 'persuade' the transmission back into place.