John
62 :surprised: !

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening Brian

My apologies for the late welcome, not a well chap at present, worse ME flare up since was diagnosed.

I am very much an apprentice at ship building and am working on a 1 350 KGV with lots of the dreaded PE, I use this from i think the small shop for cutting it off a sprue, I use to use a tile but found it too hard. This is perfect for me anyway
20230107_154512.jpg
Really like your progress and your PE is better than my efforts lol. Keep up the good work.

I plan to build a few 1 200 ships starting with Arizona, Bismarck and Yamato but have a lot of learning to do!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ian they give me Vallejo colours for the build the only one I'm having trouble matching is narn36-b20 can't find anything close.
Brian
B20... I can only give you for 1942, if that's any good. That would be Vallejo Model color 904. Dark Blue Grey (the Vallejo names are a bit naff so no worries if the name sounds wrong.
But I have to ask. what scheme are you going for. late 1945? The grey on grey or one of the more 'colourful' versions.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
B20... I can only give you for 1942, if that's any good. That would be Vallejo Model color 904. Dark Blue Grey (the Vallejo names are a bit naff so no worries if the name sounds wrong.
But I have to ask. what scheme are you going for. late 1945? The grey on grey or one of the more 'colourful' versions.
904 looks pretty close :smiling3:
I'm doing Royal Navy 1944 standard scheme A
there is like a blue/grey block port and stbd sides
Brian

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Evening Brian

My apologies for the late welcome, not a well chap at present, worse ME flare up since was diagnosed.

I am very much an apprentice at ship building and am working on a 1 350 KGV with lots of the dreaded PE, I use this from i think the small shop for cutting it off a sprue, I use to use a tile but found it too hard. This is perfect for me anyway
20230107_154512.jpg

Really like your progress and your PE is better than my efforts lol. Keep up the good work.

I plan to build a few 1 200 ships starting with Arizona, Bismarck and Yamato but have a lot of learning to do!
Hi bob :smiling3: I too fancy the Yamato also the Hood I'll have to see what mess I make of this one first lol
Hope your feeling better soon!!
Brian

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Cracking work Brian. I must confess the disruptive camo is eye-catching.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Did a bit today and got fed up drilling porthole out by hand, ordered a Dremel lite. Also had to mod the shaft exit from the hull the hole is way too large.
Brian

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Brain any chance of seein what you have done on the hull with some piccies
chrisb

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Stick at it Brian, it's going great. Really neat work. Being 1/700 I didn't have to drill out portholes on my HMS Rodney ;)