Brian's 1/200 HMS Nelson Build

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
HMS Leander eh? :smiling3:
... The one that the rest of the class were remarked as ;)
When an apprentice in Devonport in the 80's,I worked on a few of em.. not to mention other,(what I would call "Classic"),ships of that era :smiling3:
Yeah after that I joined HMS Amazon type 21 you were an apprentice in the dockyard?

Cracking work Brian, sure shows me that I have a long way to go in this ship building lark and of course PE. My PE skills sure need improvement
Thank you Bob

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Cracking work Brian, sure shows me that I have a long way to go in this ship building lark and of course PE. My PE skills sure need improvement
YES Bob Brian done a good job like you have on your P/E so when you feel better get stuck in boyo as you are a good moddeler you just need more confidence thats all an you just get better boyo
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yeah after that I joined HMS Amazon type 21 you were an apprentice in the dockyard?
WOW Bri HMS AMAZON FI69 was my first big build in 1/64th scale as this was a hull used by the MOD for testing the hull in a test tank an it was terrible an very unstable an i heard the real ship was not great
chrisb

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
P.S. Also,notable names,HMS Eagle, when being stripped before being cut up for razorblades,(literally!!),and HMS Jupiter,in for repairs in the Frigate Complex,after crashing into London bridge !!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Crashin into london bridge what were they asleep at the con ?
chrisb
No idea Chris,but I know the ship's bridge was badly damaged and the Captain was, basically,"sacked" afterwards!! That was in '84 if my memory serves,caused much amusement amongst us "Yardies"... Not least because it was the first actual Frigate to be accepted into the newly finished "Frigate complex".... Only to find out that it was about 22 yards too short!! :smiling3:

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
and HMS Jupiter,in for repairs in the Frigate Complex,after crashing into London bridge !!
I was on Jupiter when we ran into London bridge after that we did the Aden evac in the gulf :smiling3:

Crashin into london bridge what were they asleep at the con ?
The skipper decided to leave our birth without a tug and the outgoing tide got hold of the bow the rest was history I was on watch when it happened lol

Can't remember when it was thoughmain-qimg-45299eedce5529850d41f156d535aa40.jpg

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Just ordered the wooden deck upgrade but it's coming from Australia so will be some time I imagine
Brian

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Can't remember when it was thoughView attachment 471486
... . and here she is OUTSIDE of the Frigate complex because she was too long to fit in with the doors shut!!... You can see the repair work underway...
1.jpg
... some unexpected shore leave for you then eh Brian?! :smiling3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW that must have been some crash Bri an the tearing of the metal bridge oh i feel for her an was she a type 12 leander ?
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It takes a man to admit that he had the watch when that happened. It was the 13th of June 1984.

Great job on the build so far. Remember though slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

Admin cap on:
You might notice that I have merged several posts in the thread. As a general pointer, We (Admin) think that one post with three or more replies is better than 5 separate replies.
(Once you have started your reply you can hop back and forth between posts in the thread and quote them OR quote several and then insert your reply in the appropriate place. If you know what I'm on about.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ian are these the square windows you were on about?
If you are referring to the tall structure
on the left of the photo, then yes. Were they already open?! Had to cut mine out on the HOOD!