Brian's actual 1/200 Yamato build

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Never really found a flag that looks the part.
Some use a silk flag, or a decal on thin foil... like on chocolate bar.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
well Bri i just send off to cornwall model boats for a cotton flag an cost depends on the flag size an they are made by becc
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Brilliant Chris thank you mate (by the way decided to do the Falcon I need a rest from ships)
Brian
Brilliant Bri i was hopein you would build it as there is not enough SI/FI models bein built in my opinion makes a great change an they say a change is good as a rest dont they but as the guys had me out voted for the battle wagon i was dissapointed but thought well just have to wait till you did build it so im pleased an lookin forward to the build but please please load your pics full size please as the thumb nails pics dont show to good on my pc so waiting in antisapation
ATB to you Sir
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bri regards ship flags SORRY i thought i bought my flag from cornwall model boat but it appears i got it wrong an a pic below of where i got my 3 inch white ensign flag from if you want to get a japanse flagIMG_8094.JPG on for your yammy an its a cotton flag
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

Cant figure out 100% says cotton the one place and vinyl an other.
You could also try and find a plain white silk hanky and make a mask and spray the rising sun on!

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Cant figure out 100% says cotton the one place and vinyl an other.
You could also try and find a plain white silk hanky and make a mask and spray the rising sun on!
Ian Becc do both types of flag as the white ensign on my hms norfolk comes from BECC an is cotton so it will blow around in the wind like a real one but when i ordered my big 3 inch white ensign for my big tiger i forgot about Becc an ordered it from ebay an it is also cotton as i have bought some silk flags from a chap called mike doen hand made flags but bein silk they are exspensive
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks. Know how high my shelves need to be now.
Will you post photos in the completed section.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well done with the walkway painting. Definitely worth doing. A bit of colour and it would have jumped out at you every time in the future.