Build a De Havilland Mosquito

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I’m proposing a Mosquito GB, a classic British unsung hero of the Second World War.
Any scale, any manufacturer any markings.
From the 1st of July until the 31st of December. So 6 months build.
Just a stand alone build, just the aircraft.
So Any takers ?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice idea Ian, but I will sit and watch . Wingy things not normally my thing sorry .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ian.....

You're a very bad man!! Truly cruel!?!! ;) ;) :smiling5:

I have two 1/72 Mossies in the stash.....a Tamiya night fighter variant and the new Airfix Mk XVI bomber variant.... So I have no excuse not to take part.... So count me in!

I'll let you know which way I go nearer the time....

ATB.

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Been a while since I made a Mossie and I gave one ine the stash....
Go on then put me down on the list.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice idea Ian, but I will sit and watch . Wingy things not normally my thing sorry .
Go on John.... You know you want to .... I've branched out into Ruski armour.... How about spreading your wings into wingy things? ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Go on John.... You know you want to .... I've branched out into Ruski armour.... How about spreading your wings into wingy things? ;)
That well may be Andrew, I've built 2 Russian WW planes before , not an experience I wish to have again ! :crying::confused:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have recently just purchased the new Airfix 1:72 tooling so would be interested in joining.

I'm a beginner though and am still working through my first models with basic techniques.

Is this okay or are teh GBs for a experts only?

Mike
They are for everyone Mike. for the newest newbie to the most hard rivet counter.
Its a good way to get help too. When a group of people work on the same subject there is always relevant help at hand.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have recently just purchased the new Airfix 1:72 tooling so would be interested in joining.

I'm a beginner though and am still working through my first models with basic techniques.

Mike
Hi Mike the GB's are open to all, so no problem in you jumping aboard the GB.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Mike
Welcome aboard Mike. I'm still at the beginner-ish end of the hobby myself and they're a great thing to do, as they help you to learn, as Ian said.

My problem is finishing the kits within the timeframe. I've joined three GBs on here and so far only finished the model in one case!

Out of interest, is your Mossie the Mk XVI? If so, someone did a build of it on here not that long ago.

ATB.

Andrew

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome aboard Mike. I'm still at the beginner-ish end of the hobby myself and they're a great thing to do, as they help you to learn, as Ian said.

My problem is finishing the kits within the timeframe. I've joined three GBs on here and so far only finished the model in one case!

Out of interest, is your Mossie the Mk XVI? If so, someone did a build of it on here not that long ago.

ATB.

Andrew
It is the Mk XVI. I bought it from the RAF Museum at Hendon earlier this week. I'll check out the other build. Thanks.