Building a 1/6 Scale Tank

P

Polux

Hi to All!

This weekend I have begun a project that I was desiring very much. After build the jeep large-scale SAS, I remained very satisfied and amused myself very much (though initially I had some doubts), and now I return to try with another large-scale model (Panzer II Ausf. B). Before I had never invested so many consecutive hours. It's Sunday in the night and already it's very advanced. As the jeep, it has very few details and a few instructions without information.

While I was constructing it I thought of making scratch and modify to (Ausf. C/F), but at moment I will make it normal of box.

My challenge is the painting and weathering. The basic painting is the " German grey " or some of them are identical with color sand (like "Geegad" ones). It's a tank that was rapidly retired and alone this painting is known. I would like to ask your help and advice: does someone of you know if there exists some type of different camouflage? Once it seemed to me to see a drawing with a few tonalities of green color on the gray color.

Though it's a very big Kit the details are not, a clear example is that alone it takes as adhesives two " German crosses ", without identifications or numbers.. There is some web where to be able to find the numbers, one itself to be able to make the stickers?

Thank you very much for your attention and interest.

Best regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Can we have pictures of this monster. Who makes it and where did you find it?

Look forward to seeing it.

Ian M

D

dubster72

As it's an Ausf B Polux, its unlikely to have seen combat because it was superseded by the C variant in around 1937.

The type used in Poland was the D/E & in France, the F.

Your one would have been painted in standard German Grey, but there's a lot you can do with this. I have the Tamiya 1/35 Ausf F which I'm going to try the colour modulation techniques on.

I'll have a look to see what markings are possible for this one.

Cheers

Patrick

P

Polux

\ said:
Can we have pictures of this monster. Who makes it and where did you find it?Look forward to seeing it.

Ian M
It's from the Dragon brand, referente 75025.

I find it in 'my' shop (big city).

Perhaps you don't belive me Ian, but I haven't cerdit card and I don't buy anything on the net! Also I like to speak with the seller, he teaches things to me and helps me with his assembly. I'm a seller too and I like the contact with the people!!

Today you will have photos, I promise!!

Regards

P

Polux

\ said:
As it's an Ausf B Polux, its unlikely to have seen combat because it was superseded by the C variant in around 1937. The type used in Poland was the D/E & in France, the F.

Your one would have been painted in standard German Grey, but there's a lot you can do with this. I have the Tamiya 1/35 Ausf F which I'm going to try the colour modulation techniques on.

I'll have a look to see what markings are possible for this one.

Cheers

Patrick
Hi Patrick

Thank you very much for your information, it will be very useful for me.

I have found in a book a few drawings with numerations and camouflages, but it is different from what I was thinking... I believed that the model C had the frontal additional shielding (straight) and not they all had it. In the later models they were in the habit of taking more boxes in the wings and even a wheel of refill in the frontal part of the tank. This evening I will publish the photos of the book and of my model.

Many thanks again Patrick

Regards

C

CDW

By my reckoning the hull (at 1/6 scale) will be 42 inches long.

That will be an impressive model Polux.... hope you have somewhere to display it when it's done.

If it were me i would get a nice large piece of smoked glass, attach it to the top of the turret and use it as a coffee table :smiling3: :smiling3:

D

dubster72

No problem Polux, always glad to try to help. I think the main or most obvious difference between the B & C models was the change to 5 larger roadwheels & leaf spring suspension. That might be tough to scratchbuild!

Look forward to seeing some pics if the kit.

Cheers

Patrick

P

Polux

Hi to All!

Here you have the promised photos. You will find of the instructions up to a couple of photos with a Panzer IV (1/35) to compare the size.

Even the jars of painting have to be very much major. :laughing:

If you observe some meetings and objects badly put, it's because I have divided the tank in several pieces to be able to paint with major facility, once done the whole set will be stuck.

Also you have a family photo with the Jeep 1/6, which seemed to myself to be enormous and now not so much. :emo:

There is a photo of the book with the colors and situation in the battle (it's in Spanish, but if someone wants to ask or wants that I translates him, please say me).

Very grateful if you have comments or ideas.

Thanks

Polux

View attachment 41860View attachment 41861View attachment 41862View attachment 41863View attachment 41864View attachment 41865View attachment 41866View attachment 41867View attachment 41868

View attachment 45248

View attachment 45249

View attachment 45250

View attachment 45251

View attachment 45252

View attachment 45253

View attachment 45254

View attachment 45255

View attachment 45256

Panzer 1.jpg

Panzer 3.jpg

Panzer4.jpg

Panzer5.jpg

Panzer6.jpg

Panzer7.jpg

Panzer 33.jpg

Panzer8.jpg

Panzer9.jpg

D

dubster72

My God that's huge! You'll definitely be using a good deal of paint on that one!

B

Bunkerbarge

Stunning model, what about adding radio control? A lot cheaper than an Armortek!!

P

Polux

Hello to all! Here you have new photos of this monster!!

It's necessary to say that it has been a very long weekend .... I have made the track and .... more than 200 pieces to sanding one for one, that boredom!!! But now it's already idone, well!!:smile3:

Waits me a many working hours with the painting..... :knitting:

Seeing the last post, I have observed I left the photos of the book myself, so here you have them.

Thanks for looking!

Polux

Ps: during all this time I have cheated you ... I'm sorry!!! Always, a master modeller has been with me, guiding in the topic painting, tricks and technologies!! In one of the photos you can see in full work, observing the meetings if they were correct.:gooddoggy:

There are two photos of a part of the lateral wing of the tank, the Ausf B doesn't have this booth, but I believe that nonetheless I will put it to create more details and to add complements (the model is not very trustworthy, so any change will not damage ...)

Suggestions??

View attachment 42199View attachment 42200View attachment 42201View attachment 42202View attachment 42203View attachment 42204View attachment 42205View attachment 42206View attachment 42207

View attachment 45576

View attachment 45577

View attachment 45578

View attachment 45579

View attachment 45580

View attachment 45581

View attachment 45582

View attachment 45583

View attachment 45584

dibu.jpg

dibu2.jpg

P1010043.jpg

P1010045.jpg

P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010050.jpg

S

Sky Raider

OMG a 7 feet kittern, bet he takes some feeding :smiling3:

Nice kit.

Andy

D

dubster72

Haha, looks like your feline master modeller has helped you a lot Polux! Clearly that's quite a few hours put in building that!

I feel your pain with the tracks, I've done the same with Dragon's magic track!

Cheers

Patrick

M

mobear

i seen the kitten i thought is this the `Goodies` then realised its amodel tank,flippin huge,will be magnificent

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That one very cute kitten and one very big tank!

Looking very good as well I might add.

How are you going to top that. What about the 1/6 scale Sherman that Dragon have produced. or are you holding out for the Tiger.......(jer I'm wicked I know)

Ian M

P

Polux

Thanks for your comments mates!

Even some small details stay and to retouch some meetings. First I will stamp the whole model and later already one will see!

Yes Ian, you are wicked!! :nana::smile1:

But it's true, you have discovered me ... I'm looking for information of the Sherman 1/6 of Dragoon, but it seems to be that it comes pre mounted.... I don't know if it's good or bad!

I discover to do large scale models, and I love it!!

Have fun

Polux

C

CDW

Cute kitten, big tank !!!

Great work so far, can see there's been quite a few hours put into this.

It's going to look great when painted up :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
I won this at a Stockholm 08 IPMS Open last weekend.