Building a 1/6 Scale Tank

P

Polux

\ said:
I won this at a Stockholm 08 IPMS Open last weekend.
Hello Charles!

Can I ask if the model who won you was identical with "german grey"?

I have looked for photos of already made models and the whole world paints it to his taste...

For my part also I have done some modifications. The lateral booth is constructed, I will put refill of pieces of track (the original model doesn't take them) and I went away to a hardware store to buying steel wire to make " ropes of dragging ".

Also I have put chains and the small tensile some in the later parts to block the " back wings ", and now I'm trying to create a net of camouflage.

I will return with pics of it soon, sorry!

Regards

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I won this at a Stockholm 08 IPMS Open last weekend.
Congrats with that! What did you enter? I hope that you post a thread and give us a mini showing of the show/contest. I would like to have gone, but It was just a bit to far for me.

Ian M

PS sorry for misuse of your thread Polux.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking quality polux never built on this scale the level of detail is amazing cant wait to see it all painted

geegad

P

Polux

Hello to all!! Need help!! Patrick or someone can say to me how to do " the colour modulation techniques "? Patrick, you comment me and I'm near starting doing the color, also the seller said to me that this "demonstrated" that the tanks of the years 39/40 aprox. not only were identical with grey, also had small spots of color dark quoit / oxide to camouflage.... Can You help me please??

Regards

Ps: thanks for your comments John!! Sorry for my delay!!

Polux

D

dubster72

Hi Polux, well firstly the question of what colour ' German grey ' was provokes many arguments! Some say it was darker, some lighter & the amount of blue in it varies a lot!

Personally I like a dark/medium grey with a touch of blue, say a ratio of 5:2:1 ( black, white, blue )

Colour modulation is spraying very lightened shades on upper surfaces & corners where they would catch the light to exaggerate the dimensions of the model ; it's more suited to boxy vehicles like the early panzers.

There's quite a few examples online of this technique & I have an issue of Military Modelcraft that shows a P2 painted in this way. I can't find anything online about the build, but here's a link to the finished article.

TASCA MODELLISMO CO.,LTD.@Murat Ozgul Ž»ì 1/24 II†íŽÔFŒ^ ì—áЉî

I'm actually doing a Tamiya P2 now, using colour modulation so if you want to wait & see my pics that might help?

Cheers

Patrick

P

Polux

Thanks Patrick, many thanks!!!

I'm glad to wait for your Panzer II!!!

I hope to explain Ok!! Don't worry about time, I don't have any hurry. Please don't run!!! Before everything it's a hobby!

This weekend wanted to finish my diorama and it has been impossible for work, and I have bought a figure of white metal that will be my near project, a lot of work!! I will paint my panzer some time.

Thank you very much again and I wish that your tank remains fantastic, seeing your models, surely.

Best regards

Polux

D

dubster72

It might be a while now Polux, as my compressor has sprung a leak! :sad: hopefully my repair job will hold, I've got 3 kits that are waiting to be painted!

Cheers

Patrick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hola Polux!

Try having a look at this » Blog Archive » Colour Modulation Part 1: Airbrushing Basecoats There are a couple of video's this is the first one, the others can be found on the page.

Well worth a look if you want to try it out.

Ian M

P

Polux

Many thanks Ian!!

What a useful link!!! Is perfect!

Every day seems to me that there will be major the challenge of painting this tank. For his great size and I want to do effect of corrosion in most of the wings also.

Thank you again, I owe a favor to you and Patrick!!

Polux

P

Polux

Hi to all again!!!

:bonjour::bonjour:

Finally my workstation is Ok!

Now I have the sufficient space to continue with this monster!!

It's true also, that once I begin a diorama with a lot of illusion, within a few days I return to former kits without ending, a singular personage... :foodfight:

I cannot show photos today, but the tank is ready to paint. Stuck with three parts to do it better, joints ploughs are mask, etc... And there are some complements extra, as the antenna or chains of truly metal, and ropes...

The first step I will do is a priming of gray color (german tank), I will try later to create "rust" and a severe weathering... My intention is to apply here many skills of painting that I want to learn.

I will publish the photos as fast I can!!!

Thanks for reading...

Cheers. Polux

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Just found this thread, wow Polux thats one monster kit, and nicely built mate. I'll enjoy watching this come together.

Tony.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I have GOT to get me one of those! Can't wait to see the finished thing.

Gern

First Name
Charles
Great to see your model. It will give me inspiration when and if, I build mine.

P

Polux

\ said:
Hi Polux how many gallons of paint do you need for this Monster ? looking good though
Hi Ian!!!

Uffff... Better if you don't know!!! I have collapsed the Vallejo's factory....

Seriously Ian, I used 5 bottles only for the first coat of primer...

I have new photos, try to show today.

Regards

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Now come on Polux, play fair and leave us some paint lol. Looking good budy, i bet you're glad it's not a King Tiger though. Can't wait to see this in all it's glory.

Have fun, John