Building a Diorama.

D

deakon

thank you all for your kind comments,,,im glad you like it..in my enthusiasm to get it finished..i guess it could be a little smoother around the edges so to speak..and my photography skills leave a lot to be desired..but that aside i reckon its not too bad a job for a guy thats all busted up down his primary side....whimper... sniffle.....once ive made the baseboard presentable, and done the final snagging. ill pressgang my mate into taking a few pics..[ his palsy aint as bad as mine]..and you might get to see it in focus..

Question for admin.......... can we please have a dedicated diorama thread?? this could encompass the whole gamut of dioramadom from railway layouts.to space marines.. hey just planting seeds. if not i can always find out where you live.and get all Monty python with your maiden aunts..or sob uncontrollably into the crook of my elbow........twitch twitch.....

R

rjwood_uk

its is an amazing diorama. you always see these brilliant dioramas and think "how the heck did they do that?" now we know!!!

where did you get the oak leaves from marty?

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
You have created a literal stage,portraying important history,a step back in time in miniature.

D

deakon

Awwwwww.... shucks...[blush]..whai suh. aye doo buleeve yoo flattah me suh

yall caint be talkin bout liddle ol me.....[titter....giggle]..

i get the oak leaves from netmerchants..they are made by plus model..who do a fantastic range of accessories for dioramas..at fair prices.. i love their stuff.. and i hate to spend money on stuff i could probably produce myself..

im working on a scale "cookie cutter" to punch out my own leaves.. but in the meanwhile these are the ones i use they also do linden and maple leaves..[were there any maple trees in europe in ww2?]are they not a species peculiar to canada?

N

Nigel.D

Marty

whilst your attempts at a diorama are to ne applauded i think that the quality of presentation and execution skills fall far short of the standard that we hope to see on here so please re look at your model

ONLY JOKING MATE ITS AWSOME WELLDONE YPU PUT US ALL TO SHAME

D

deakon

oh dear! Nigel is it , youre' too late darling hes' on his way to essex.to find and kill you..he read the fist sentence then got his gun and roared off on his Vtr.. he should be with you in about 4 hours or so...best of luck.

Mrs deakon...

N

new to trains

VTR........its either a video taper recorder or its a citroen...... 4 hrs.... it wont make it !!!!!!

great diarama BTW....... i think a diarama thread would be good.....please john.....

D

deakon

Im not rising to the bait...ive spent the day using pastels..and generally tidying up the baseboard...so here are another load of piccies.. eyethangewe.

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

N

Nigel.D

Oh Dear i thought for a minute you were one of us poor overtaxed smokers lol

B

backonthecase

Crikey Richard, Postman Pat water always reminded me of just a bit of foil being stop-motioned! I'm sure there was more to it than that though!!!

B

backonthecase

Sorry my last post was gibberish cos I didnt realise I wasnt near the end when I read Richard's comment about postman pat water!!! I'm still an amateur at these things (forum use AND modeling!!!)

By the way they're cracking results mate. Well done. I've got one in the making, an ambush on a US jeep by a German HMG crew posted in a building. I also have an idea for another one with a halftrack, field kitchen and some weary looking machine gunners. anyway I'll get back to you in 10 years!!

And yeah a diorama thread would be superb.

R

Radleigh.

Cool, I'm tempted on doing something similar with the river, as I have a 'Pibber' and a chopper that i want to put in a diorama. Thanks for the thread.

S

seasonman1

looking forward to seeing and getting inspireration from this build good luck . And happy 17 wedded year bliss . Thank you