Carol Moran

B

Bunkerbarge

That is certainly a compact little installation. A shame the servo motor didn't work and I'm surprised as I use servo motors to drive my Revel u-boat through 10" shafts.

Anyway, as you say, you do need a bit of power in hand for those unforseen manoeuvres by other vessels.

As for a barge have a look at the Springer Tugs section of modelboatmayhem.com forum where I posted a series of pictures of a modern fuel barge which would be very straightforward to make.

C

Chuck

Carol Moran to the Rescue!

Here's a link to a video showing Carol Moran performing a simulated rescue of a much larger boat. With the 6v motor and 3-blade brass prop, she really has some towing power!

Rescue Tugboat - RC Groups

R

ravemaster99

Hi, im new to this forumn. I recently bought my first RC, which is this Carol Moran, but i ran into some (similar?) trouble with the modified servo. It spins slowly on a dry test, and in a bin of water it doesn't really turn at all, as in it turns so utterly slowly that it does not propel the boat. I read something about trouble overcoming friction with the fuel tubing but Chuck, could you tell me exactly what your electronics hookup is? Ive never used a motor before but it cant be too hard to figure out right?