Centurion Mk.III - Tamiya 1/25

S

Scuff

Thanks all. :smiling3:

It was nice to get stuck in to such a detailed OOB build.

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
wow superb work on this build and weathering spot on really want to build one of these tanks in 1/35..but once again top job on yours

chameleon 2009

Mike Tipping Models
SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Very nice build there, fantastic looking, brilliant job

Mike

0ne48thtel

WOW WOW WOW that is bloody excellent as previously said it looks real top marks Graham

W

Weeman0000

That is amazing! Can i ask tho, how did you make your barrel camo cover? 10/10!

Jason

S

Scuff

\ said:
That is amazing! Can i ask tho, how did you make your barrel camo cover? 10/10!
Jason
Hi Jason.

With reference to the camo netting....

I cannot claim invention of this technique, that credit must go to Ingvar-sylegrd. I have adapted this for my use.

I purchased some craft tissue in peach colour. I mixed some PVA glue with 5 parts water and brushed the mix onto the tissue until it was absorbed.

Once dry, I airbrushed the tissue to the required colour and pattern.

I made an arc cutting tool out of some brass rod, with which I cut a pattern into the tissue. I was then able to stretch out the tissue.

Forming it to the barrel was done by re-wetting the tissue and gently making the shape of the netting by wrapping and stretching. Once the water dries, the tissue holds it shape quite well.

Regards

Scuff

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a really cracking job Graham ............... Superb work.

Peter

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Superb! plus all of the above, just built 1/35 version, "British Bulldog" and I thought THAT was rather a large piece, but 1/25 must be areal monster! :eek: Bravo! Splendid job!

W

Weeman0000

Thanks for that scuff! Good way to hide any seams on the barrel or to give a really nice ambush look :D

[EDIT] Got some glue and paper £3.20 for the lot! Guess ill be making more than just a barrel cover :D

Thanks again, its all these cheap little extra's that just make the whole process more awesome for a first time modeler like myself.

Jason

Last edited:
OMG ... this looks freaking REAL !!! man, everything looks great...looks real ..... fantastic. this is masterclass level.

First Name
Robert
Awesome !!! ( it's awesome shall I quit trying to build models when you have this to contend with!! Really fantastic love all the detail and weathering awesome

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
just awsome build what can i add to whats been said,real lov and a top notch job, :D

J

jono

Graham, I agree with what Everyone else as said about this build.. :smiling3: .

John.