Christine completed

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
J

John Huggins

Bring it on dude, looking good so far keep up the good work.

John

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
You did say Christine and not Starsky and Hutch...didn't you? :P :D

Good job fella

Lee:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Well your lucky I was sorely tempted to put a union flag on the roof

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great job your doing on Christine looking forward to the next installment cheers John

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
Well your lucky I was sorely tempted to put a union flag on the roof
Now that would have been funny...The General Christine :D

D

Deleted member 3568

well this is the kit built now to start on the dio any ideas how i am going to crumple the wings up.

I did think about cutting them off and trying to scratch build some bent up ones but not sure my skills are up to that, then i thought about taking a blow torch to her and bending her that way but there is a lot of plastic on the front there and i think that would be to risky to recover from should it all go wrong.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
How about sanding them back different angles to give the crumpled illusion or like you said, heat it but not to the extreme :confused: and bending slightlyo_O

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Firstly, I would rethink destroying her, she is a lovely looking model and you have made a superb job of her. But, if you're adamant that she is to be crushed, then only thing I can see is, as Lee points out, to gently heat the front end and then crush-heat it up-turn upside down and then press the front onto a hard surface-repeat as often as needed. Just do not overheat or you will melt the plastic too much-you could try a hair-dryer on full power and try that.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all thanks for your suggestions, I did buy her with the intention of doing a dio of the filming of her crushing moochie, I wasn't going to put her all the way in just starting to work her way to moochie. I have had another idea I could cut the walls away where she is pushing her way through then put filler on the wings to make it look like they have buckled from forcing her way into the loading bay.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You could try, gently heating the side panels, from bumper edges and then pushing in gently to recreate the rippled effect of the steel against the wall. Problem with filler on the wings is that you are adding to car, so making the nose section look distorted and fat...if that makes sense.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi guys I have never deliberately destroyed a model before so before I start on this one I want to be sure I've got it right, so I've drawn up a plan to make sure for one thing the base is big enough but also it gives me something to work from. So here is the plan

the bull Dozer I dont know weather I have put it far enough back I have put a Girder on the front of it as i think they must have done something like this to keep it out of the frame in close up shots from the back, can you guys think of something I have missed, I wont be doing anything to Christine till nearer the time she will go on the dio so she will be ok for quite a while.

R

Rob1

Stunning as she is :cool:

But if you must there is nothing like a fire :D

F

frame69

Great modelling and subject matter :smiling3: As your clearly a fan, in the bulldozer scenes was it a MK2 Cortina that Christine smashes into first?

Regards, Frame.