Christine completed

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

There seems to be some confusion here I am not doing the Bulldozer scene I am doing the (FILMING)of the scene where Moochie gets squished in which they used a Bulldozer to push Christine into the loading bay as no car could do that under its own power it would get so far the the wheels would start spinning and that would be as far as it got.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I have made a start on the dio and it is going to be a long slog. I am making the walls of the loading bay out of foam board and I tried printing the bricks off but it is almost impossible to get the scale right and anyway it just doesn't look right as there the mortar line is smooth, so I thought I would use foam board and draw the scale bricks on it as, if you press reasonably hard you can leave an impression which will hopefully look more like a mortar line. Well that's a job I wish I hadn't started(still hopefully it will be worth the effort) .

Incidentally we know the film is full of mistakes, like the bit I am doing where he could have quite easily got away by jumping on Christines bonnet and running over the top of her, well I have thought of another flaw it's supposed to be a loading bay, usually an arctic can fit in a loading bay, but if Christine can't fit in there that means even a van can't, that makes it a pretty useless loading bay.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3568

Here are some pics of the 1\24 scale wall with the mortar colour painted I know it looks orangy but trust me its not, dont know what happens with my camera sometimes.

was hoping that the last pic would show the bricks effect but it shows a lot better on the next one.

I think the effect will be better when i paint the bricks, this has taken me 2 days so far and i recon I will need at least 1 more to finish all the brickwork.

F

frame69

Im very familiar with the scene you are going for,I just asked as you know the film if you know if it was a Cortina in the ending with the Cat.

Cheers,Frame.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This build gets more involved and better and better :P

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi frame 69 just watched the film again and rewound several times just to make sure it is definitely not a mk2 Cortina (although it dose resemble one very closely) I had a mk2, 3 mk3s and 5mk 4/5s they were great cars don't know enough about American cars to say what it was (maybe an American version).

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi guys bit of constructive criticism needed, does this look like a brick wall.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
When I've done a wall, I base it with Tamiya buff (acrylic), once dried I go over it with NATO brown, then dry brush it with humbrol rust, once 100% dry, I give it a light wash with Tamiyas weather master, sand! Hope this helps?

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi guys need some help I have been trawling the Internet trying to find pics of the type of cameras used in the filming of movies, in particular the type they have on wheels that extend on rams for filming shots looking down on the subject but can find nothing. I have typed in boom cameras and variations on that as I thought that's what they were called but can find nothing of any use. I need some pics so I can scratch build one for my Christine dio (preferably of an 80s type, can anyone in the know tell me what they are actually called so I can Google them, any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Ken.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi guys have started on the base it is going to be quite large when finished 510 x 700

i also managed to get some pics of a camera from 1980s of the type used in the film so, because its a photo I had to scale it up to full size then scale it back down to 1\25, I used the hand grip as a starting point in order to scale it up then reduced the measurements by 1\25 when i actually build it i will round the fractions up (I mean were only talking fractions of a millimeter.

when it comes to the dolly that is going to be a whole new ball game to scale up then down.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The wall looks spot on, really good.

There is a Cortina in garage at the end-a light blue with black stripes. As for cameras a Arriflex BL-3 would work, this is from the 80's. Some good piccies here: http://www.kitmondo.com/arriflex-arri-bl-iii/ref454086 The BL-4 was introduced in 84 or 86 IRC.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just to add that the boom cameras would more than likely have been fitted to a small dolly rig with 4 small wheels so they could get the above and movements shots.

You could also have a GA-TV Wall movie camera: this has the two camera round reels on top and a square lens glare cover, viewfinder is located slightly above midpoint left hand side as you would look at it from the back-these were used from the 1940's right through the 80's.

Also a small Edmonton camera crane, small platform with 4 wheels and a small jig crane that a camera is mounted to, elevates to 7ft and rotates 360 degrees-lasted until the mid 70's but still in use through the 80's.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Si you certainly seem to know your stuff a genuine font of knowledge. I know one thing this is going to be an expensive dio.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks Si you certainly seem to know your stuff a genuine font of knowledge. I know one thing this is going to be an expensive dio.
Expense...pah! What a dio it will look...don't forget your lighting rigs too.

I helped out in a film studio and set layout-so got to know many items used-even some that were mothballed that dated from the 50's still in use-crabs etc the three wheeled clamp base used on TV cameras.

D

Deleted member 3568

Well considering how small it is I am really pleased with my scratch built camera and stand.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Well considering how small it is I am really pleased with my scratch built camera and stand.
And so you should be, great work.