How's Pointed Shoe?

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I say Wibble that's looking fine .
Wobble .
How's Pointed Shoe?
Pointed shoe and tribe have gone on holiday/home.
I did watch the performance of how to get 12 suitcases of differing sizes, five cannot leave the sweet stuff alone women, four do not mess up my hair nephews and the three main organisers along with four cars....
It started off ok, first the big cases were loaded into one car, then it was take them out and spread them between the other cars, then it was put all the cases back on the drive go indoors and hold a conference...
Well eventually the game of drop the back seats down and put the cases in, take the cases out, lift the back seats up and finally finished after an hour and a half.
Then it was time to load the passengers - ladies in the back only... So along came the first, got in the nearside passenger door, shuffled across the seat and got out the other door??? and then went and did the same to one of the other cars... Eventually she was settled and the others ladies all followed suit - bit like trying to get the elephants into the circus wagons... Front door was locked leaving one of them inside (toilet break) . but I did see him on the phone to the one that had locked the door begging to be let out.... So all the drivers got out of their car including the one that had locked the door, they all had a conference with the one that was now free and then all scattered to their cars... WAIT!!!!!! where is pointed shoe??? He was looking out of the top floor window and again all the drivers and the head woman got out of their cars including the original one that took a toilet break to get the door open so that pointed shoe could join the others.... And off they went, 3 hours after the first suitcase was put into the first car....
BUT!!!
No sooner had they left they all did a three point turn around the mini roundabout at the top of the road, which meant that by the time they had finished there was a 20 car holdup waiting to use the roundabout...
And back they came, parked all over the road, out got the drivers and the designated younger lady, and I mean it was door opens wide, one hand grabs the door frame, then one leg comes out to make contact with earth, then the other hand comes out and grabs the other side of the door frame, then it is shuffle to the edge of the seat which after lift off gave a sigh of relief, the other leg joins the first and it is a rocking motion to get free of the car, and Houston we have landed....
Front door is now open and in she bustles, and a few minutes later comes out with five carrier bags of food (to be consumed on the flight) which were passed out to the other cars, then all change as the wrong bags went into the wrong cars, another 20 minutes.....
And they have gone....
But they had to come back again because pointed shoe had got free and was as usual having a ciggie, a cough and spit, but they caught him before he got away...
I really should have filmed it, but with laughing so much the camera shake would have been awfull....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Pointed shoe and tribe have gone on holiday/home.
I did watch the performance of how to get 12 suitcases of differing sizes, five cannot leave the sweet stuff alone women, four do not mess up my hair nephews and the three main organisers along with four cars....
It started off ok, first the big cases were loaded into one car, then it was take them out and spread them between the other cars, then it was put all the cases back on the drive go indoors and hold a conference...
Well eventually the game of drop the back seats down and put the cases in, take the cases out, lift the back seats up and finally finished after an hour and a half.
Then it was time to load the passengers - ladies in the back only... So along came the first, got in the nearside passenger door, shuffled across the seat and got out the other door??? and then went and did the same to one of the other cars... Eventually she was settled and the others ladies all followed suit - bit like trying to get the elephants into the circus wagons... Front door was locked leaving one of them inside (toilet break) . but I did see him on the phone to the one that had locked the door begging to be let out.... So all the drivers got out of their car including the one that had locked the door, they all had a conference with the one that was now free and then all scattered to their cars... WAIT!!!!!! where is pointed shoe??? He was looking out of the top floor window and again all the drivers and the head woman got out of their cars including the original one that took a toilet break to get the door open so that pointed shoe could join the others.... And off they went, 3 hours after the first suitcase was put into the first car....
BUT!!!
No sooner had they left they all did a three point turn around the mini roundabout at the top of the road, which meant that by the time they had finished there was a 20 car holdup waiting to use the roundabout...
And back they came, parked all over the road, out got the drivers and the designated younger lady, and I mean it was door opens wide, one hand grabs the door frame, then one leg comes out to make contact with earth, then the other hand comes out and grabs the other side of the door frame, then it is shuffle to the edge of the seat which after lift off gave a sigh of relief, the other leg joins the first and it is a rocking motion to get free of the car, and Houston we have landed....
Front door is now open and in she bustles, and a few minutes later comes out with five carrier bags of food (to be consumed on the flight) which were passed out to the other cars, then all change as the wrong bags went into the wrong cars, another 20 minutes.....
And they have gone....
But they had to come back again because pointed shoe had got free and was as usual having a ciggie, a cough and spit, but they caught him before he got away...
I really should have filmed it, but with laughing so much the camera shake would have been awfull....
Only you Mike could tell the story like this, I've just been reminded not to laugh out loud as we are in bed !
Hopefully they will stay and not return , we can but hope.I'd surround the back door with plastic banding, the thought of him getting his foot stuck in it again would be worth it .;)
Thanks for the great post.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
When I used to be on the road, I would have to park up in service or rest areas for the weekend if I could not make it to the beach. And at some times you would have to spend the weekend on the services (yes, they did have showers and toilets and all free). And the worst ones for noise would be the Italian ones, not the services but the people using them... I looked and I looked but I was damned if I could ever find one of those cars with ten doors.... And it is the same when certain members of the road I live in decide to go out - I timed one lot one day and for 15 minutes all they did was open the door, shut the door, open another door and on and on - laughable.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Sounds exactly like the short “Perfect day” by Laurel and Hardy……..did anyone get a gout ridden foot shut in a car door?
No, but this all started (Pointed Shoe) when not long after they moved in they took delivery of a new washing machine. And as you know they arrive in the box and are secured with that plastic strapping. So in the family there are (guessing) 2 adult males, daughter, mother and father (Pointed Shoe).
So human nature dictates that if you see a delivery of that size you rubber neck out the window and then go tell SWMBO who call you a nosy B - then asks what colour it was....
Well, they have remved the box, the foam and moved the washing machine indoors, leaving all the rubbish including the plastic strapping outside on the driveway.
So poined shoe has the job of picking up the foam and putting it in the recycle bin - then he comes to the strapping - now being an old boy his fashion sense is still in the hills and he wears these pointed shoes (winkle pickers for the older ones here).
So he picks up the first bit of strapping and as it does it gets wrapped around his leg, so he starts this one-legged jig trying to get it of by hopping on one leg and shaking the leg with the strapping on trying to get it off, but the dance takes him into the other strapping and he gets tangled in that as well... By now I am crying watching this performance....
Well eventually he gets the strapping off, rolled up and instead of tying it off he just lobs it into the recycle bin and of course it all decides to unravell and fly all over the driveway.
So when JR or myself mention Pointed Shoe then you know who we are talking about.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I don’t suppose they have tried to get a piano up a load of steps have they?

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
There you go Mike…..your neighbours going out for the day
LOL, the dog had me laughing, reminded me of when SWMBO came home and had taken our Beagle/Basset cross who is ball mad on the train. She told me about the guy coming along the platform with his white stick with the ball on the end... Nelly (the dog) thought it was a ball for her, so grabbed it, SWMBO was trying to get the 'ball' of Nelly and the guy was tugging on his stick trying to get it away.... LOL.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
oh wibble that was priceless an id forgotton how funny them guys were an will have to get out jens L/H dvds an have a whatch an a laugh an if your neighbours are like in your story then it must be hilariuos livin where you do lol
chrisb

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Now in undercoat (pre-shading) so base coat on later, tracks primed and first coat added.
Mike.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Right so on with the less comical stuff...
After priming with black primer - Mr Finishing Black with a 50/50 mix - then going around once dry with white primer for highlights, same manufacturer and paint mix. I started with the base coat of SCC15 from AK arylics and once dry overnight I added a touch of Yellow to lighten the mix for the lighter areas. Then it was adding some brown to tone down the shadows from pure black to a greyer shade.
20231202_123900_HDR.jpg
20231202_123854_HDR.jpg
In natural light/camera flash they look really washed out, but the next process will be adding the start of the weathering with dots of oils which are then streaked and mixed together to add to the basecoat.
More later
Mike.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good. Great base for the next stage.