Comet-ed

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
So, not much has happened with this for a few months. The mention of vegetation really knocked the wind out of my sails. I'd never planned for any, or even thought about it, but I guess the scene won't look right without some. Then with the water not going to plan this seemed destined for the bin. I ended up putting it to one side though, just in case I could ever be bothered to do more work on it.

Since I'm waiting for my next kit to arrive and am just twiddling my thumbs I dug it out yesterday, but despite being covered with a towel it is covered in silver overspray, probably from my big truck build. I've rubbed & scrubbed with all manor of things but I still have two sparkling Comets :rolling: The flakes are really clinging on to the matt surface.

So back under its cover it goes. For now.
snow scene?

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
snow scene?
Love the idea Neil and it's something that had crossed my mind.

A trace of whitewash on the tanks to hide the sparkles, and minimal vegetation to worry about.

I'm not sure such a situation would ever have happened in real life so I might get torn to pieces by some, but it's certainly one way around it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
By 'eck Andy this is a real challenge of a build. You drop it and it rises from the ruins, Phoenix like, better than ever. A boat appears and then disappears. It goes onto the "sometime later" shelf a few times and now it returns as a snow scene!
It is so good and so much work has been done that it deserves to be finished. Neil's snow idea is very sound.
I'm not sure such a situation would ever have happened in real life so I might get torn to pieces by some, but it's certainly one way around it.
That doesn't matter. Who was it who said something like "Why spoil a good story with the truth".

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Neil's snow idea is very sound.

Therein lies the problem though.

It's a great idea but will never be thought of as mine, since someone else has already mentioned it.

I'm sure I'll come up with something, but probably not as good.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Therein lies the problem though.

It's a great idea but will never be thought of as mine, since someone else has already mentioned it.

I'm sure I'll come up with something, but probably not as good.
I hereby relinquish any claim on the idea- you must have telegraphed it to me without even realising it!