Compressor/Airbrush troubles

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Maybe you should thoroughly clean your AB and then spray at a slightly higher pressure with a more thinned paint mix. This happened to me, so I thinned it more and it worked very well.

John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
find a magnifying glass and take a good look at the nozzle, both inside and out and at the tip of the needle.

Give the nozzle a good soak in cleaner and if you have a paint brush with long enough hairs, poke it in and twist it around. Pleanty of cleaner and a genle hand.

Check that the nozzel is not split.

The very tip of the needle is easy to knock and can get a bur or hook on the end. These will catch paint like a bucket and will quickly clog Things up.

If the nozzle is cracked only a new one will solve that. If the needle is damaged, a very fine wet and dry paper can solve that.

Ian M

0ne48thtel

Thanks to all for your help I have an old A/B needle that has a minor kink at the tip so acts like a feeler when inserted carefully in the nozzle.

low and behold it was like going over speed bumps when I inserted it in to the first nozzle. Morale of the story don't try cleaning when you only have one good eye and wear glasses. After a prod around and a soak in cleaner I am back up and running again. Once again thanks to all who gave advise much appreciated.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Glad that you are up and running again!

Those little interdental brushes are good for cleaning nozzles. Give the part a good soak in cellulose thinners and then clean it with the brush, also moistened with thinners.

Cheers

Steve

0ne48thtel

Funny enough Steve I usually do that don't know what part of my usual clean down I didn't do ah well at least I am back on track Thanks again.

L

Laurie

Well done Terry up and running again.

I would say that 90% of problems I have had with airbrushes comes from blocked nozzles.

Laurie

0ne48thtel

I can usually sort it Laurie but this time just couldn't work out what I had done wrong. Or what was going wrong for that matter. I usually work through things logically but logic escaped me on this occasion.