Decal problem.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Make sure you are working in mm and not pixels...
Posted something on my SK thread regards decal progress!! Basically using calipers to achieve the correct sizing. I'll be printing off test pieces on plain A4 before committing to a decal sheet print!!!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Make sure you are working in mm and not pixels...
That’s another advantage of using Pages instead of GIMP: being a word processor/DTP program hybrid, it works in real-world measurements rather than computer units :smiling3:

BTW, Doug: when I said:—
Set it to layout mode on the Document settings
… I wasn’t at my computer, so I was working from memory. The way to actually do this is by opening the File menu, then choosing Convert to Page Layout.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
BTW, Doug: when I said:—

… I wasn’t at my computer, so I was working from memory. The way to actually do this is by opening the File menu, then choosing Convert to Page Layout.
Thanks again Jakko. Will the 'Convert to Page Layout' function work on an already produced document?
IE, if the document I have produced has text boxes in place will the remain once the doc has been converted?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Try it — if stuff disappears, just hit ⌘Z :smiling3:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Try it — if stuff disappears, just hit ⌘Z :smiling3:
Yup, tried it. Nothing changed other than a message asking was I sure!
I'm going to do a few dry runs before I commit to actual decal paper just to make sure everything appears to work.
I've mainly used Pages for drafting a 'book', (loose interpretation), of my service days. I kept diaries for years and after boring folk with my tales of derring-do I decided to write it all down before fact drifts into imagination. Twenty five years in military aviation kicks up some 'moments'.
Back on topic. I may create a new blank document tomorrow as a safety net.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Nothing changed other than a message asking was I sure!
If you had had text typed onto the page (rather than into a text box), that would have disappeared. Anything floating, though, like text boxes, shapes, etc. stays on the page — including ones anchored in the text.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
If you had had text typed onto the page (rather than into a text box), that would have disappeared. Anything floating, though, like text boxes, shapes, etc. stays on the page — including ones anchored in the text.
Everything I needed was inserted into a text box or as I tested, images were also treated the same as text boxes.
The image I didn’t need but thought I’d take the opportunity in case I use the process on future builds.
I created another page last night but converted it prior to adding text boxes.