Divers Boat Scratch Build

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Hi Andy welcome back. Are you doing a Gemini or Zodiac, In case you don't have details, you will find Diver surface demand panel details here. http://www.divexglobal.com/products-and-services look up P for panels.Was involved in Saturation Diving Systems a number of years ago and we used Gemini in the early days for shallow diving but I think it is outlawed now for offshore commercial Diving, they use wet bells now. Cheers Derek
Hi Derek

Thanks for the info. This is just going to be an investigation vessel and the divers all have the usual scuba equipment. Hope you still find it a good watch mate.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Day 5

Dooms day. The excessive heat demanded by the heat shrink heated up the joint and it broke, waste of materials and costly heat shrink. Time for plan B.

View attachment 88855

Got to admit that the rubber look was ideal simulation. Shame really.

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 88854

Day 5.JPG

Day 5 1.JPG

P

Polux

Ouch! Is a pity, the first broke piece :sad:

But you solve it very well Andy!! Looks amazing!!

I couldn't know where to start a project like that....is genial ;)

T

treyzx10r

Andy sad to see you loose that first piece but you sure did'nt let that slow you down,nice recovery.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great recovery andy , the pipe lagging looks spot on . I was going to suggest bike inner tubes filled with something as these can be cut and superglued no probs , but you beat me to it with the solution! looking forward to the next update , cheers tony

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Ouch! Is a pity, the first broke piece :sad: But you solve it very well Andy!! Looks amazing!!

I couldn't know where to start a project like that....is genial ;)
Thanks. Its just trial and error im afraid. Some great stuff to come for you guys as usual.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Thanks guys. The idea was good Tony but getting it to be just right may have been a bit of a nightmare. I haven't progressed the last few days, been busy with other matters. Will be back at it soon.

Thanks for watching.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Day 8

I've not done much lately as I find myself out of work yet again. This does knock your neck in a little and you don't feel like doing much. Anyway, I picked myself up again, dusted off the dirt and got back in the workshop. Here you will see that I have secured the upper part to the hull using long screws that are screwed into the plastic overflow pipe frame and then secured to the hull using epoxy.

View attachment 90396

View attachment 90397

View attachment 90398

View attachment 90399

Day 8 1.JPG

Day 8 2.JPG

Day 8 3.JPG

Day 8.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sorry about the job situation-.

Looks like you are managing to get the time to go by sensibly. Nice work.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great progress andy , hope the job situation improves soon mate , cheers tony