Etched brass and c/a

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just re-read through all intresting stuff ,struggling with tiny parts picking up /positioning them have look on flea Bay stick in rinestone pickers ,I use one of the white pencils even for small plastic parts. Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just re-read through all intresting stuff ,struggling with tiny parts picking up /positioning them have look on flea Bay stick in rinestone pickers ,I use one of the white pencils even for small plastic parts. Dave
Glad that works for you Dave, I have two pencils, they used to work but now just don't pick anything up ?

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
A wash in warm water should help John. I have the opposite problem - I find them too sticky!
Pete

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A wash in warm water should help John. I have the opposite problem - I find them too sticky!
Pete
Thanks Pete, I'll do that . Probably have a coating of dried CA on them.
Oh wish mine were like that :thumb2:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Very useful and very well explained. I assume the CA used is the thin, rapid variety.

I suppose you have to work pretty quickly so that the CA doesn't harden before you get to it.
I like the idea of using an old blade as a CA applicator.
Sorry Jim,
I have just seen your question/comment.
The c/a stays wet long enough for you to complete the task of clearing the excess, and the pin will drag enough off to clean up the joint.
Mike.