Eternal war of the poor man.

R

rogue-one

hi there friends. well, thats me. finished. i've had a great time doing this first diorama. i've learned a lot, building and painting figures and tanks, trying to get the scenery looking right, scott's grass tip was great. and working with the airbrush for first time too, i'm going to make good use of that. i hope u all like it and the photo's do it justice. like i said in my last post, i think i'm hooked and if everybody doesn't mind, i think i'll be modelling and posting up on here regularly. cheers again for all the advise and tips. this is a top forum.

hope u like the pics.

View attachment 26630

View attachment 26631

View attachment 26632

View attachment 26633

View attachment 26634

View attachment 26635

View attachment 26636

View attachment 26637

View attachment 26638

View attachment 26639

CIMG2171.jpg

top view.jpg

CIMG2048.jpg

CIMG2051.jpg

CIMG2041.jpg

CIMG2043.jpg

CIMG2078.jpg

CIMG2137.jpg

CIMG2152.jpg

CIMG2060.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Top work Bobby, beautiful, just beautiful mate. I know it's grim but i love the face down soldiers. Five stars from me bud.

Have fun, John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Any room for another 5?

Very well done Bobby.

A cracking scene, well thought out and executed.

Ron

N

noble

Bobby a beautiful action packed scene your figure painting is top notch and i do love where the morter round has just impacted with the ground to the right og the KV very nice no doubt you get 5 stars from me, excellent work mate.

scott

D

dm73

Bobby, Brilliant dio, gives us beginners something to aspire to. Loving the feeling of panic felt by the overwhelmed soldiers.

Regards

Darren

F

Fenlander

Sorry Bobby, I missed this when you first posted it, only just come up in my 'new posts'.

As said above a really action packed diorama, tons going on in a relatively small space, the composition of the parts really give the feeling of doom for the beleaguered Germans still manning their mortar as certain death faces them. As Scot pointed out, the blast of the last round fired is very well represented with the classic 'crown' of upflung debris and the brave resistance of the barbed wire adds so much tension and action to the scene. A very well deserved 5* for a really tremendous example of what can be done with a shelf fitting diorama, really impressed mate.

C

Caledonia

Hi Bobby, 5 star from me too a well composed, executed and photographed dio. Cheers Derek

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Bobby

Congratulations my friend on a superb diorama. Your figure work is excellent - the mortar crew in pic 9 look absolutely fantastic.

I'm looking forward to more great work from you Bobby and I hope we can get to exchange a few ideas and tips along the way.

All the best my friend

Paul

5 stars also!

R

rogue-one

thanks very much guys, thanks paul, i will be back on soon with a new project soon, i really like this modeling. i'm sure we will exchange ideas, i take any advise u got, u got quality stuff.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Sorry Bobby, I thought I'd already commented on this little cracker! ***** for sure. What you got in mind for your next build?

Gern

R

rogue-one

hi dave, not sure whats next? there's so many great kits out there, but i'll pick something and get stuck in soon.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Missed this somehow. Great diorama very nicely done. You've certainly packed a lot of action into it which just adds to the enjoyment.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi bobby , sorry but ive missed this one till now, not been on alot lately. This is just quality mate, brilliant! the scene is so animated and all the elements-figures,tank ,trees - all fit perfectly. I love the barbed wire too , top work all round . 5 stars from me too! cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well nice Bobby. Loads of good details in that dio. Does what it should tells a story in one picture.

I like the way you did the inpact, platic bottle? I been trying the same for water. Not working to well!! Yours looks great.

Very well made and painted too!

Ian M

A

andygh

Great atmosphere once again, I can almost hear the action. 5 stars for sure