Fenlander's 1/350 Revell Bismarck

F

Fenlander

Here is my entry. Going to be a nightmare sorting out which plastic and which brass bits to use. I know for a fact that not all of the brass will be used unless the improvement is proportional to the stress and swearing needed to bend it and fit it.......

But here is the mighty Bismarck

Bismarck Parts.jpg

The plastic bits
Bismarck Parts-2.jpg

Bismarck Parts-4.jpg

Bismarck Parts-5.jpg

Bismarck Parts-6.jpg

Bismarck Parts-7.jpg

Bismarck Parts-8.jpg

Bismarck Parts-9.jpg

Bismarck Parts-10.jpg

Bismarck Parts-11.jpg

Bismarck Parts-12.jpg

Bismarck Parts-13.jpg

Bismarck Parts-15.jpg

Bismarck Parts-16.jpg

Bismarck Parts-17.jpg

Clear parts with a ship model.....
Bismarck Parts-18.jpg

F

Fenlander

And the rest of it...

Few of thepages from the instructions for the original kit
Bismarck Parts-21.jpg

Bismarck Parts-22.jpg

Bismarck Parts-23.jpg

The Decals, not much will be used
Bismarck Parts-24.jpg

The additional brass
Bismarck Parts-27.jpg

Six more A4 double sided instruction sheets for the brass
Bismarck Parts-28.jpg

Example of above, both sides
Bismarck Parts-29.jpg

Bismarck Parts-30.jpg

The wooden deck
Bismarck Parts-31.jpg

One steel and two brass frets
Bismarck Parts-32.jpg

The left and third from left are gun barrels. Second left and far right are masts and bits. There is also a length of anchor chain (not pictured)
Bismarck Parts-33.jpg

Should be loads of fun...........

Original kit, I believe, has around 850 parts, the mass of brass puts this up to 2085, Oh God..... what have I done?

The Revell 1/350 Bismarck, despite its age, is still regarded very highly as a kit and it will build into a splendid model straight from the box. Even the plastic railings, though obviously over scale, are still better than not fitting any.

Now I really must get the bench cleared of the ongoing projects and plan a couple of new projects to build alongside the Bismarck to give me some respite from brass bending.....

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good luck! I reckon you'll need it!
Seriously though, this looks to be quite a project. It won't convince me to start on a ship anytime soon, but I'll definitely be cheering you on from the sidelines.
Cheers
Steve

F

Fenlander

Good luck! I reckon you'll need it!
Seriously though, this looks to be quite a project. It won't convince me to start on a ship anytime soon, but I'll definitely be cheering you on from the sidelines.
Cheers
Steve
Ahh, come on Steve. You know you want to build one ;)

P

Polux

This looking a serious kit and project Graham, but I’m sure, you will arrive safely at the sea port. ;)

C

cryton 5

hello first this was my second project ,
after titanic so i have an interest13557920_219564145109453_3240296657681051577_n.jpg 13620961_219564171776117_6552198807042833928_n.jpg on this model ,the story i have faith ill be watching cryton x you're going a bit further going by lay out

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That should keep you off the streets and out of trouble for a while Graham! Just a thought about the railings, would it be possible to use the plastic ones as templates for where and how to cut and bend the PE?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Brass, plastic, steel. All the same mate. One bit at a time and you will get there. (This is why I said a whole year, so no need to rush).
Many have said that the Revell Bismark is a whole lot better than the Tamiya offering, then add to that all the brass and she'll be a beauty.
Need help dont forget to ask.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
would it be possible to use the plastic ones as templates for where and how to cut and bend the PE?
Sound idea that Gern. I know that some do it.

F

Fenlander

hello first this was my second after titanic so i have an interest on this model ,the story i have faith ill be watching cryton x you're going a bit further going by lay out

Nicely done James, that has set the bar pretty high:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

That should keep you off the streets and out of trouble for a while Graham! Just a thought about the railings, would it be possible to use the plastic ones as templates for where and how to cut and bend the PE?
Certainly would work Dave, great idea :D

First Name
Gwyn
Great project Graham, a lot of work. Good idea to have a couple of small kits on the go at the same time as a break from the main project. I look forward to seeing your progress.

F

Fenlander

Brass, plastic, steel. All the same mate. One bit at a time and you will get there. (This is why I said a whole year, so no need to rush).
Many have said that the Revell Bismark is a whole lot better than the Tamiya offering, then add to that all the brass and she'll be a beauty.
Need help dont forget to ask.

Cheers Ian. As with all brass, it has to make a difference for it to go on. Sometimes the PE and it's inherent flat thin section does not actually look a lot better than a rounded plastic piece. Each part will be judged on its merit :smiling3: