Furious!

C

Caledonia

Not into Tanks but must say I do appreciate your modelling skills. Weathering is perfect.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's great I like that , it looks more realistic than the movie :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The models are great the setting is great the dio is great! The film from which they are taken is...hmmmmmmmmm...good and brutal in places but too glossy and heroic. 300 enemy troops stay to attack a damaged tank and get slaughtered...YEAH!

Si:smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You may not like it Jim but it looks good to me both kits are well built and painted and the base there on looks very much like a muddy field so over all a job well done

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OK the film was iffy, but your build is great.

I had a chuckle wondering how far the fury would fly if the Tiger let one into it from that range... LOL

Would do awful things to Brads hair.

Great work Jim

Ian M

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Brilliant!! :smiling3:

I could criticise, but damn, that field looks freshly plowed - amazing piece of work!!:eek:

Yes the movie was iffy, but there was some cool "eavy metal" action in it, to boot!:cool:

Back to the dio, all credit to you for a sterling piece of work!! :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
OK the film was iffy, but your build is great.
I had a chuckle wondering how far the fury would fly if the Tiger let one into it from that range... LOL

Would do awful things to Brads hair.

Great work Jim

Ian M
thanx Ian, would have needed a base the size of coffee table to get proper distances and I'm sure you can see the unfeasibility of that! :eek: cheap s*** potting soil gave much trouble also but had to carry on :oops: glad you liked it, now all I need is a nice dusty out of the way place to set it and forget it! :oops:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Brilliant!! :smiling3:
I could criticise, but damn, that field looks freshly plowed - amazing piece of work!!:eek:

Yes the movie was iffy, but there was some cool "eavy metal" action in it, to boot!:cool:

Back to the dio, all credit to you for a sterling piece of work!! :D
Thanks Gavin much appreciated :smiling3: and yes you can criticize, I can take it

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
My only crit was the lack of damage where the '88 struck the Sherman about the logs on the flank, beyond that its a damn fine effort!! :smiling3:

But thats just me being pernickety.... ;)

First Name
Aaron
I see you managed to pry up some soil Jim, I like this whole scene and I actually like the movie. I think the first thing I'd do coming across this beast is button up the hatches. Love it mate nice work.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do real like this one as well,cannot add much more than been said,:rolleyes:

must be so nice to be able to use dirt and not this sandy stuff i have,looks great and

like how you have plowed,the field,just great stuff, :D

I did enjy the movie for what it was,and no not him,:rolleyes:

J

John Rixon

I don't suppose you'd consider doing a WIP on one of your paint jobs? You've said before what kind of stuff you use, and I think it'd be a real education, particularly for us noobs, to see how you achieve such excellence time and time again!

That's another way of saying "great build"!

First Name
Robert
Really well done ( never seen the film but you got the look of tiger and Sherman spot on ( in my opinion ) love the weighty look in the mud on the tiger too as lots of pictures and ref I've done shows how much the tiger did eat up the earth

Really like the weathering too!!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
My only crit was the lack of damage where the '88 struck the Sherman about the logs on the flank, beyond that its a damn fine effort!! :smiling3:
But thats just me being pernickety.... ;)
No , you're absolutely correct, hadn't really thought about that much when constructing model only because first intention was just to make "Fury" the tank which was a remake of existing model originally posted as "Christel" because it was the only Easy 8 I had and after movie came out prices for said model went through the roof. Did think about doing the damage though but it was such a pain in the a** to get the logs right I said the hell with it. Good eye though but not good enough to notice that there was also no foliage on tiger either because believe it or not still snow covered and very cold up here in the mountains :eek: how did you like Brad the Pitts ? not a very accurate depiction of him either :D just having some fun but something about whole dio bothers me :confused: