Furious!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I see you managed to pry up some soil Jim, I like this whole scene and I actually like the movie. I think the first thing I'd do coming across this beast is button up the hatches. Love it mate nice work.
Thanks Aaron, actually I couldn't get to any natural soil on property, used crappy potting from shed, I guess that's what bothers me the most about this dio also couldn't pick about for my little foliage doodads. Whole thing turned cartoonish in a way {another thing that bothers me} Actually come to think of it I'm starting to hate the freakin movie too! Sorry folks I guess I got bit by the Hollywood bug myself. :oops:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I don't suppose you'd consider doing a WIP on one of your paint jobs? You've said before what kind of stuff you use, and I think it'd be a real education, particularly for us noobs, to see how you achieve such excellence time and time again!
That's another way of saying "great build"!
Thanks John, will consider it :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
You may hate it Jim but I think its great, obviously as you say the distances are a bit close but the armour build and the base are top class. As Robert says the base really gives the impression of very heavy tanks digging into the soft plowed field , I reckon the choice of potting soil was spot on , great build ( but I darent give a medal or yin yang or whatever for fear of opening up the can of worms , mmm ,wonder if there's an icon for that !?) Cheers Tony

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
You may hate it Jim but I think its great, obviously as you say the distances are a bit close but the armour build and the base are top class. As Robert says the base really gives the impression of very heavy tanks digging into the soft plowed field , I reckon the choice of potting soil was spot on , great build ( but I darent give a medal or yin yang or whatever for fear of opening up the can of worms , mmm ,wonder if there's an icon for that !?) Cheers Tony
Thanx, Don't sweat it Tony, yours and others comments mean so much more to me than any yingy thingy. what really peed me off about the soil was all the little foam bits they put in it for aeration :mad:

First Name
Aaron
We really are our own worst critic's but I understand completely Jim, some times our builds just aren't up to our own standards. I've had builds where there's no way I'd post on the forum but felt like I had too because I'd started a thread.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Thanx, Don't sweat it Tony, yours and others comments mean so much more to me than any yingy thingy
That may be so, but I'll give you one Jim because from where I sit that looks great. The potting mix looks like it's been raining, and the tanks are very nicely done. So ying yangy thingy to you Sir.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
That may be so, but I'll give you one Jim because from where I sit that looks great. The potting mix looks like it's been raining, and the tanks are very nicely done. So ying yangy thingy to you Sir.
Thanks Joe I really appreciate that :smiling3:

D

David 317

That is a great job! I watched that film last week. And your build has captured that scene perfectly. Well done!

D.