Gern's Emergency services GB - Chat thread

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
This will be my entry, if that’s ok? I built this (earlier mould) as my first ever model with my Dad after a holiday in Anglesea (after hours sat watching the runway at RAF Valley). Been looking for an excuse to build a Sea King again.

Despite being SAR and looking really nice, The box artwork is for a Falklands based aircraft, and the idea I believe was for 999 calls…so will aim to find a UK based squadron that would have been involved in such calls. My knowledge is non existent, so It may be the dreaded yellow paint option.

00F1B3F1-EAFD-4C95-9BEE-8D49F97A5F91.jpeg

Last edited:

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Gern

He is from the GRC or Royal Canadian Mounted Police in English.

John

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Gern

He is from the GRC or Royal Canadian Mounted Police in English.

John

Aaahhh! I originally thought he was a scoutmaster which is why I wondered what he had to do with the emergency services! My mistook. Looking forward to how you get on.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
This will be my entry, if that’s ok? I built this (earlier mould) as my first ever model with my Dad after a holiday in Anglesea (after hours sat watching the runway at RAF Valley). Been looking for an excuse to build a Sea King again.

Despite being SAR and looking really nice, The box artwork is for a Falklands based aircraft, and the idea I believe was for 999 calls…so will aim to find a UK based squadron that would have been involved in such calls. My knowledge is non existent, so It may be the dreaded yellow paint option.

View attachment 466524

You can build this one as shown if you like Jack - it is a rescue machine which is what I originally suggested. I only used 999 'cos I live in England. I'd have used 911 if I lived in the US.

The kit I picked has German markings so I'm not going to object to the RAF even if it is based in the Falklands!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You can build this one as shown if you like Jack - it is a rescue machine which is what I originally suggested. I only used 999 'cos I live in England. I'd have used 911 if I lived in the US.
And that is why i altered the title a little to emergency services so all bases are covered;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Gern can you put me on the list? I have a couple in mind I’ll let you know soon

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
'ey up Lee. 'ow come I got 13 'Likes' from you for my Emergency GB? I quite often get duplicates, but I think 13 is the record! :smiling:

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Not on the original list, but I bought this with Birthday modelling tokens…..
View attachment 469501
Seems like a good time to build her, so I’m in with Katy…..desert finish of course!
I hope you have John Mills and Sylvia Simms figures to go with it........

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Not on the original list, but I bought this with Birthday modelling tokens…..
View attachment 469501
Seems like a good time to build her, so I’m in with Katy…..desert finish of course!
Nice one Tim,
I shall follow your build of this with great interest as it's a kit I've liked the look of for a while :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here you go, Dave.
You knew I wouldn't let my mate 'Big Box' down. Pounced on this for sensible money!

Can I join the party now, please?

Although the kit is the famous 'Black Cat' that caused all sorts of mayhem in the Pacific during WW2, I will be using this kit as a basis for a Maritime 'Search & Rescue' PBY-5A.

Also, I've never built one!

P1350600.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited: