Gern's Emergency services GB - Chat thread

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You're right, I knew you'd be along sooner or later. Welcome aboard!

I got the 1/48 Revell PBY SAR in the stash, but I couldn't finish such a big kit in the time frame so looking forward to this.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
And that is why i altered the title a little to emergency services so all bases are covered;)

Ooops! Forgot to thank you Ian. Your title makes much more sense than my original and covers all the bases nicely!

First Name
Andy
I got myself this for the GB although the last time I bought a wingy thing I gave it away, perhaps this time I will build it even if it is only a cheapie.
52576090939_da6fafdc8c_c.jpg

Andy.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I dug out my ROCO JU 52/3m for this build, only to find that the fuselage halves had been joined and the undercarriage built. still plenty to do as I have to cut in a cargo door and add interior bulkheads and a floor. I didn't see a ruling on partially built kits so will await the judge's (Dave's) decision on whether or not I'm going any further with this. :thinking:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I dug out my ROCO JU 52/3m for this build, only to find that the fuselage halves had been joined and the undercarriage built. still plenty to do as I have to cut in a cargo door and add interior bulkheads and a floor. I didn't see a ruling on partially built kits so will await the judge's (Dave's) decision on whether or not I'm going any further with this. :thinking:

We have seen kits with a few bits put together in other GBs. I suppose it depends on how many bits are left to be added. Can you put up some pics?

Alternatively, didn't you say you were going to have an ambulance and figures as well? Why not enter those for the GB, then add your Ju52 to create your dio later?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I managed to get most of the fuselage apart as I need to cut in a cargo door so only the horizontal and vert. stab is in place and the gear is built up. the second shot is the inspiration for what I was thinking of trying to re create.......sort of.P1012487.JPGP1012488.JPG

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
There still looks to be a fair amount of work to do, so unless anyone strenuously objects 'cos one of their started kits was rejected for a GB, go for it Rick - but you can't put everything in your photo into the GB as that would definitely count as a dio. Be nice to see what you end up with though.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Dave, the photo is just a (very) rough idea of what the ultimate goal is for the 52 once it is built up, So that would be after the GB. :thumb2:

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Can I please sign up with this one when I opened the box I found that the chassis had been build and a bit of painting but nothing else I thought I would seek permission first.
And I think the engine is missing as well. IMG_20221226_090722.jpgIMG_20221226_090728.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Can I please sign up with this one when I opened the box I found that the chassis had been build and a bit of painting but nothing else I thought I would seek permission first.
And I think the engine is missing as well. View attachment 470091View attachment 470092

Like Rick's Ju52, there's still plenty of work to do Peter, so OK unless there are major objections from anyone.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Like Rick's Ju52, there's still plenty of work to do Peter, so OK unless there are major objections from anyone.
I probably will do the land rover at least I know its complete but thanks

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The Army Fire Service (does that still exist I wonder) used Land Rovers that were something similar, although I think they had a water tank aft of the drivers seats' If I can find references, and that model, that might make for an interesting project :thinking:
Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I wish I could join your GB Dave. It looks a so interesting topic, but after scouring everywhere to find a suitable subject, all I found was a box of Band-Aids and I don't think they would qualify for it...

Prost
Allen