Green House (Miniture ) Unknown scale by Robotime

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks wonderful John. You must be in modelling heaven combining your two interests like that….

• Love
Reactions: JR

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I've seen this on amazon and assumed all the bits and bobs were all moulded plastic,just plonk in the greenhouse! How wrong was I! I'm impressed with how complex it really is, nice job so far John looking really good.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Plants look amazing john , the Mother in laws tongue looks real !
Thanks Tony, the printed sheets are really well done . The flowers that you have to make are
Looks wonderful John. You must be in modelling heaven combining your two interests like that….
Yes indeed Tim, what more could I want :nerd:

Both thumbs buddy.
Thanks David :smiling2:
I've seen this on amazon and assumed all the bits and bobs were all moulded plastic,just plonk in the greenhouse! How wrong was I! I'm impressed with how complex it really is, nice job so far John looking really good.
Hi Mark, the part count of the premade parts is high, they certainly didn't hold back on parts esp containers .

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The plants look good John, well worth the effort.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The plants look good John, well worth the effort.
Hi Graeme , thanks. Now trying to put the actual green house together. Clear plastic pre formed sheet , with end tabs that won't go through the slots in the opposing wall ! When they do as soon as you move it to attempt the other end, they all fly out !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice progress 453. This looks more like something I've seen in Matron's 'Servicing Bag'

570 I could have done with the help of Matron , but think I have sorted the battle with the flexibility of the premade glazing sheet. Photos tomorrow of the state of play , the base now has its floor in along with the bottom timber sections, so it's more of a solid shape .Drying in between some steel sections to keep it in shape .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good evening to the gardening section of the forum, Percy here with an up date on to-days horticultural offerings.
Boy is this messy, every thing has to have glue on, paper and wire, more fun when you have to roll a section of green paper and put some flower heads in, once that is done then attempt to get it into a pot. Only to find the roll is not tight enough. Some of the papers have to be cut to 40mm long by 20 and with up to 5 wires in as well .Covered in glue trying to unstick fingers from leaves and the like, still its looking fView attachment 442701View attachment 442702View attachment 442703

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.
Percy.
John, you do have green fingers even if they're made from paper and card. Very nice.

Cheers,
Richard

• Love

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Does the Mother in laws tongue grow well in the UK? They thrive here but attract lots of snails that hide in between the leaf base as they like the water trapped there.

Cheers,
Richard
Ours is doing quite nicely in the window sill in the kitchen, although it's an indoor plant here in the UK and so for us snails is not an issue - at least in my experience.

I may be wrong but I'm sure it wouldn't survive the winter temperatures.... We've had sub-zero overnight temperatures every night for about week now and we're only 50 miles north of London.

HTH.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I think that often it isn't until something is finished that the structure becomes rigid. In this case you'll need a third hand - maybe you can persuade Mrs R to hold it ;) :rolling:
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, you do have green fingers even if they're made from paper and card. Very nice.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, the best thing about these they don't die !

Ours is doing quite nicely in the window sill in the kitchen, although it's an indoor plant here in the UK and so for us snails is not an issue - at least in my experience.

I may be wrong but I'm sure it wouldn't survive the winter temperatures.... We've had sub-zero overnight temperatures every night for about week now and we're only 50 miles north of London.

HTH.

Andrew
Quite right Andrew, they certainly wouldn't survive outside.

Common NamesSnake plant, viper's bowstring hemp, Saint George's sword
Scientific NameSansevieria trifasciata
HeightUp to 40 inches
LightBright, indirect sunlight (some direct light is ok)
WaterOnce a month; keep the soil dry
Ideal Temperature60° to 80°F (16° to 27°C) Prefers warm to hot temperatures
SoilFree draining soil
FertilizerDoesn't require it. For fast growth, fertilize once in the spring and once in the summer.
PestsFungus gnats
ToxicityToxic to dogs and cats

For Richard, seeing they hot temperatures and humidity perfect for your area.They originally come from West Africa.

Hi John
I think that often it isn't until something is finished that the structure becomes rigid. In this case you'll need a third hand - maybe you can persuade Mrs R to hold it ;) :rolling:
Jim
That was mentioned, but it was then suggested that the roof came off ! So you will see from the photos that I've started to add supports to the upper sections. The idea now os to get to plexi cut to size and make up a rigid roof.

Jim, she won't even hold mine!
Certainly not, siad it looked like a dead snake ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
2022_3.jpg
As we don't want the easel in the greenhouse I made up some staging from Basswood and a Balsa frame

2022_4.jpg

Just shows how flexible this is.
2022_5.jpg

Start of adding the top support.
2022_7.jpg

2022_6.jpg

Thanks for looking in.
Percy Dzhon Raceisky.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Jim, she won't even hold mine!
I was trying to ignore and wash my mind with soap and water when I saw Jim's comment...so wanted to reply. :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:

Common NamesSnake plant, viper's bowstring hemp, Saint George's sword
Scientific NameSansevieria trifasciata
HeightUp to 40 inches
LightBright, indirect sunlight (some direct light is ok)
WaterOnce a month; keep the soil dry
Ideal Temperature60° to 80°F (16° to 27°C) Prefers warm to hot temperatures
SoilFree draining soil
FertilizerDoesn't require it. For fast growth, fertilize once in the spring and once in the summer.
PestsFungus gnats
ToxicityToxic to dogs and cats

For Richard, seeing they hot temperatures and humidity perfect for your area.They originally come from West Africa.

John, where can I find info like that in a whole list. Very helpful with irrigating and toxicity...I have 16 cats.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all, remaking of the top of the greenhouse is under way, not have a timber top frame to stand the Plexiglas on when it measured and ordered.

2022_3.jpg2022_4.jpg

2022_5.jpg

Top half covered in weights, hence no photos.

Comments welcome.
Percy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
A few difficulties but coming on a treat.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John