H.M.S Warspite

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks good! Can we have some more pics please Alan?

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work Alan it was great following this from beginning to end and the result was well worth the journey!

Five big shiny stars from me.

Aye

Ian M

W

Willi262

Looks great!

I still haven't finished the last 3% of the "tirpitz" yet. (the superstructure isn't even glued in place). I keep getting distracted...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb Alan, well worth the wait. This has turned out to look just awesome, looks even better now she is thundering through the sea.

Top work mate, really like this.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers will glad you like it

I have a a tirpitz but that was only my second build after I took up the hobby again so it's a bit rough around the edges

I love seeing a warship built well so get yours done :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Superb Alan, well worth the wait. This has turned out to look just awesome, looks even better now she is thundering through the sea.Top work mate, really like this.

Cheers mate I appreciate it , I worked out that it's taken me three months to complete this but it was well worth it for the experience of pe :smiling3:

Thanks again mate

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers mate I appreciate it , I worked out that it's taken me three months to complete this but it was well worth it for the experience of pe :smiling3: Thanks again mate
I am not the best modeller by far but will generally have a bash at anything but the amount of PE for this kit and the awkward PE builds would mean that, a 3 month build for you, would take 3 years for me or never. The pictures I have seen you post of you making up the PE stuff and the fiddly bits where enough to make say...nope. :D

Can only say once more, well done on a truly great build, I think you have done the model and yourself justice.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks Si I don't think I will be doing something as detailed pe wise again but I will be buying pe for most kits from now on

I've just bought some railings from Eduardo for my type 23 frigate but I doubt I will put that one at see

Thanks again mate

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Thanks Si I don't think I will be doing something as detailed pe wise again but I will be buying pe for most kits from now onI've just bought some railings from Eduardo for my type 23 frigate but I doubt I will put that one at see

Thanks again mate
You are right getting into your ships mate. I take it you used silicone to form the waves etc and then added white paint for the peeks and the bow waves etc?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I do like building ships I think it comes from when I was a kid I always wanted to build big battleships but my pocket money would never stretch to buying them

I have five in my stash well ones a revell 72 scale flak 88 torpedo boat I might put that one at sea

Yes the sea is silicone with white paint for the tips of the waves I think you gave me the advice about using that when I posted my Yamato build :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yes the sea is silicone with white paint for the tips of the waves I think you gave me the advice about using that when I posted my Yamato build :smiling3:
Yeah, I'll take credit for it mate lol.

I have a vintage Airfix 1/72 E-boat, mid 70's version, untouched. It is the largest model boat they do and can be made RC with micro electronics.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Yeah, I'll take credit for it mate lol.I have a vintage Airfix 1/72 E-boat, mid 70's version, untouched. It is the largest model boat they do and can be made RC with micro electronics.

Cool do you ever think you'll get it made ?

There used to be a modellers club that used to use the pond where I lived in the seventies some of the boats they sailed there where fantastic

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cool do you ever think you'll get it made ?There used to be a modellers club that used to use the pond where I lived in the seventies some of the boats they sailed there where fantastic
I doubt it mate to be honest, I have two RC boats now and even as a static I have nowhere to put it. It is a very early version as the same artwork in the white box has new on it then they changed it all for the version now, my model predates the 1976 version.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I doubt it mate to be honest, I have two RC boats now and even as a static I have nowhere to put it. It is a very early version as the same artwork in the white box has new on it then they changed it all for the version now, my model predates the 1976 version.Si:smiling3:
What's the quality like ?