Heller 1/75 La Reale De France

D

Deleted member 3568

I tried that moni the only build log out there i can find is on a german site (its a beautiful model completed, I can see that much from the build log)

I am having all sorts of problems getting rid of the loose flakey bits that you just cant seem to brush off, so I've decided to try guilding the whole part then painting over the guilding.

First I sized all the parts to be guilded

View attachment 106315

View attachment 106316

View attachment 106317

next I guilded all the parts

View attachment 106318

View attachment 106319

View attachment 106320

then I painted them

View attachment 106321

View attachment 106322

also I added a wash to the solid guilded parts to bring out the detail

View attachment 106323

View attachment 106324

View attachment 106325

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Jeez Ken, that looks awesome mate! DO NOT BIN IT...even if you don't get the bits. Top work so far like this.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks si, already have an idea if the bits don't turn up, I could do a dio with it in dry dock having a refit. Just an idea but we'll see.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
awesome work so far Ken,that looks great, :smiling3:

sorry to hear that its missing bit,s

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Thanks si, already have an idea if the bits don't turn up, I could do a dio with it in dry dock having a refit. Just an idea but we'll see.
If Heller don't come up with the missing bits .............. Get everyone on here to email them asking why ???? :smiling3:

A

american

It is a Great job. Did you plank the deck or is highly detail deck? Don't give up , I know you will find a way for missing piece. Nice work , I like it.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks, no the deck is painted no wood, unfortunately I couldn't scratch build the missing parts there is probably more than 60 parts on those sprue's and a lot of them are handed so I would have to try and make an opposite of the one I have, I tried that on my bentley build and that was just one part, not a thing I am keen to try again.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Thanks, no the deck is painted no wood, unfortunately I couldn't scratch build the missing parts there is probably more than 60 parts on those sprue's and a lot of them are handed so I would have to try and make an opposite of the one I have, I tried that on my bentley build and that was just one part, not a thing I am keen to try again.
I really do hope you get them Ken it would be a pity with all the hard work you have put into this one already

A

american

One advice..... Look at your pictures without flash light, and maibe you will get what normal light is offering on that scale. I am not using flash light!

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all thanks to some help from a member on here heller have promised to send the parts so, on with the show.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That's coming along nicely Ken. All that gold detail, no wonder you are going cross-eyed.