View attachment 108603

View attachment 108604

View attachment 108605

View attachment 108606

View attachment 108607

View attachment 108608

View attachment 108609

View attachment 108610

just one question, the rigging thread which\that(dont know the correct word) comes with the kit is off white, is that right, as the only rigging colour I've seen is black ( or at least it looks black) I thought they used tarred rope so that would make it black.

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Ken,

I don't know about the French but Standing rigging in RN was Pre-Stretched Manilla. Most of it would be "parcelled" and as you said, coated in Tar....... It is a complicated business .......This gives a good description on the standing rigging for the restoration of Endeavour. https://anmm.wordpress.com/2011/03/

First Name
Robert
I have just looked at this from the start to what you have achieved up to now and I'm amazed at all the fine detail you have amassed in this build.

It is beyond words

I have never seen such work from the ship to the building you have achieved. It is without doubt a real beauty

Awesome truly awesome

Regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I've done a bit on the rigging no pics as you wouldn't even notice what I've done, the instructions are so complex (even though I have English versions (I think that may even make it worse)) I have an idea I've gone as far as I want with this one.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is looking great Ken, nice work mate!

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Top work on that Ken ........ Does it not have sails ???

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi thanks Si. Yes it does come with sails but not sure I will ever get to the stage of adding them. I just can't get my head round the rigging, the lengths they give in the instructions are so far off or I am doing something wrong.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Hi thanks Si. Yes it does come with sails but not sure I will ever get to the stage of adding them. I just can't get my head round the rigging, the lengths they give in the instructions are so far off or I am doing something wrong.
Maybe best to ditch the destructions and do what you think looks right Ken. :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

One thing I would suggest to anyone contemplating this kit is, DO NOT STICK THE SIDE FLAGS ON, OR THE RAILS before doing the rigging, they make it twice as difficult.

First Name
barry
Great work I ,love it i want one is it a old or new kit.

D

Deleted member 3568

I think it's quite an old kit, but still available