Heller 1/75 La Reale De France

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all was looking at this today and noticed the mast was bent.

View attachment 111974

so I thought how can I fix that and a cunning plan developed.

first break the top of the mast off then drill out a hole in the top of the mast and insert brass rod then reglue the top on

View attachment 111975

View attachment 111976

View attachment 111977

View attachment 111978

since this pic I decided I dont like the fore mast sail so have removed it was thinking of removing the main sail as well but my missus says no, what do you think would they have had one sail down and not the other or would they both be up or down.

L8xSsTV.jpg

7MJX6qk.jpg

NEFLjjP.jpg

X0V7o3J.jpg

rBPBRzu.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I'm not sure what's going to happen with the La Reale I've contacted heller several times but no reply, the 32 oars I do have couldn't go all on one side said some are different so I can't put them all on one side and display it that way. Not sure I can be bothered with displaying it in dry dock being refitted (lot of work involved and I will always know she's not complete) too big to keep hanging round, maybe time to bite the bullet and stick her in the spares drawer. All I know is she's taking up valuable room, not sure the missus will let me scrap her but, I am rapidly losing interest in her.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I've just emailed heller explaining to the person who dear with the parts problem last time that I am a member of several forums that this build is posted on, and that it doesn't look good on Hellers part when I can't say when the build will restart.

But I've had a great idea, I love the sleek lines of the hull, what if I put some rockets on the side and turned her into a space galleon.

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I decided to have a go at making the missing parts and after 2 hrs and on my third attempt, this is what I have

View attachment 113029

View attachment 113030

I'm quite pleased with it, its a bit crude but when its installed I dont think it will notice too much.

I know one thing I will never buy another heller kit. its not the kits (the kwak apart) they are great kits I've loved the La Reale, its their complete ignorance I've sent 2 emails just asking would they let me know even if they are going to send the parts, not one single reply to 8 emails, now I call that down right rude. I intend to send one more email informing them that they are not the only kit manufacturer out there and if they treat all their customers the way they have treated me I wont be the only customer they loose.(since they obviously ignore emails it probably wont do any good but it will make me feel better) You don't buy model kit and expect to have to make the parts yourself. Rant over so only 15 more of these babys to make

xTQE156.jpg

T6Oqls0.jpg

J

John Rixon

Wow! your endurance is admirable, and also, paying off - big time! Stick at it, and as Peter says, you don't have to do it every day! I feel i need a week off after making two PE wheelhouses for a couple of tiny boats for my Dreadnought, this tiny,exacting work takes it out of you - well, it does me! That's going to be a pretty impressive model, and a great conversation piece.

D

Deleted member 3568

Well they are sending the parts. So as and when they get here I will be able to finish this beastie.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Hi all I've just emailed heller explaining to the person who dear with the parts problem last time that I am a member of several forums that this build is posted on, and that it doesn't look good on Hellers part when I can't say when the build will restart.
But I've had a great idea, I love the sleek lines of the hull, what if I put some rockets on the side and turned her into a space galleon.
No.......No....... and absolutely-bloody-lutely No!!!! Ken.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I'm as happy as a pig in, what pigs are happy in, the parts have arrived so I should now be able to finish this kit. Shame we're out all day, I would just like to thank all those who have stuck by me on this long old slog, but stick with it please we are almost there, I see light at the end of the tunnel, the day is nearly done, the final goal is in sight, the sun is almost set,

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good one Ken. Looking forwards to seeing this one done.

Dont forget to send Heller a photo of her as a thank you!

Ian M

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Yeah. What Ian says Ken. Seems unfair to slag them off for not supplying the parts, then not thanking them when they do!

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Ian and dave. I've seen some builds of this kit and I've seen some on hellers site, trust me they would not be interested in this one, compared to what I've seen my build look like an amateur.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Great stuff Ken.........The last lap mate.

D

Deleted member 3568

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Glad to see you are still on this Ken ............. It is superbly done, and an amazing amount of work put into it........ Personally, I'd have lost patience with it way back and given up........ Top credit to you mate.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all, well I think I'm on the last leg of this build, this is half way there with the oars

View attachment 115796

just these left to do

View attachment 115797

every single oar has this huge seam on it, so, only32 to sort

View attachment 115798

View attachment 115799

I really feel this is nearing the end now, once I add the oars it will be huge, no idea what I will do with it when done, I had my warspite dio in the local library, but now thats back due to the library re-utilising the areas and no longer having room for it (a polite way of saying no one was interested in it) so now I've got that back too. argh I have no room.

PKnOIYL.jpg

1UIRiHQ.jpg

cTkE1jh.jpg

iniYRla.jpg