Heller's 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well this steering rack has driven me to hurling this against the wall, I've reguled it on no less than a dozen times only for it to come off almost as soon as I turn it over, fingers crossed its on for good now, tried a test fit of the engine (I have to say it fitted before, but someone stood on one of the engine mounts (my fault I shouldn't have left it on the floor)when I took it off to do the breaks and clutch pedal linkages) now the engine dosn't lign up on that one so it will have to come off and see whats wrong with it.

View attachment 124388

View attachment 124389

View attachment 124390

View attachment 124391

View attachment 124392

View attachment 124393

View attachment 124394

View attachment 124395

View attachment 124396

View attachment 124397

View attachment 124398

View attachment 124399

View attachment 124400

View attachment 124401

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0109bw.jpg

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0110bw.jpg

D

Dave1973

Every time i open this thread up and youve added more, i still think it looks like a real car.

The rust effect you get with salt is really good, and even slight bubbling under the surface, yoive got the technique down well!

This thing is so huge, dont worry about the bent engine mounts, jist junk that one, fit a 50cc moped engine in there and use it to go to work!!

First Name
Dave
This is genuinely superb. I know that you are experiencing some trials with the beast but by god you are persevering with it and it's paying you back three fold. It's looking brilliant and ultra realistic. I am in awe mate. Keep going, you have us all enthralled. :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well the body (the majority of it anyway is glued together) I cant recommend Roy's cd enough, I've referenced it often but here it is invaluable he shows you how to assemble the body as a separate part which will save a lot of hard work later on also if following his instructions the finished body is very tough.

there is however one very big problem with my model, which I don't know how I will get round I couldn't resist trying the bonnet on and the air box is too high lifting the bonnet, that is going to be a real pain, not sure whats happening to be honest, I know I had it (the airbox ) in the wrong place originally but its where it should be now, the engine sits on the engine mount properly?

View attachment 124617

View attachment 124618

View attachment 124619

View attachment 124620

you can see from this pic the problem

View attachment 124621

View attachment 124622

View attachment 124623

View attachment 124624

View attachment 124625

lKDd0ie.jpg

nA3PLrB.jpg

reqs4NV.jpg

TAXXMF0.jpg

BYcieI1.jpg

JefYX1E.jpg

IwHy6IP.jpg

f5vh7RJ.jpg

wnZxDbz.jpg

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
you are right ken it is high but good job though so far

D

Deleted member 3568

Well sorted the air intake. The arse end of this needed a fair amount of filler, and once sanded back will probably need more, will post pics tomorrow

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Every time i open this thread up and youve added more, i still think it looks like a real car.
The rust effect you get with salt is really good, and even slight bubbling under the surface, yoive got the technique down well!

This thing is so huge, dont worry about the bent engine mounts, jist junk that one, fit a 50cc moped engine in there and use it to go to work!!
Think your right Dave ( haven't been around enough to keep up with the thread that Ken has on this Humungous Endeavor of a model. Is this a real engine!! It looks so lifelike and with all the rusted joints and seams all grubby etc . You wait and see when he gets this compleated he will surpass himself and show us he really made a miniature or scale of the real engine and he'll have it running and all!!!

I'll also say one thing Ken you say you have modest skills but I think we are all in awe of what your doing on this!!!

Kind regards

Robert

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Well sorted the air intake. The arse end of this needed a fair amount of filler, and once sanded back will probably need more, will post pics tomorrow
Just caught up with this Ken and I'm soooooooooo impressed and soooooooo jealous that I have not the nerve to tackle something this huge

My hats off to you

Robert

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This is coming together really good Ken. Some very fine detailing.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've sorted the air intake problem and started filling and sanding the rear of the car, I would like to prime it so I can see what further filling and sanding will be needed but till Citroen France get back to me with either the colour code or the paint itself, I've no idea what primer to use, I don't want to prime it then have it all react with the top coat.

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

DSC_0150.JPG

DSC_0151.JPG

DSC_0152.JPG

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've added the rubber piping that goes between the wings and the body and I've started the front seats (see if this works before I do the rear ones) I'm going to try the marbelling effect I used on the Kwak Z1 a while ago only not going to have so much of it, so this is just the base colour which would show through from the cracked vynle (how do you spell vynel vynal ????)

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0157.JPG

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0160.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

D

Dave1973

Looking great buddy, loving this!

By the way, its spelled VINYL.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I bought some halfords plastic filler/primer and some halfords plastic primer and here is the result of the first coat of filler primer, I must say I am well chuffed with the first coat (I thought it would reveal a horrendous filling job which required loads of work) I will admit it has shown some areas which need attention, but the piping (I think anyway) looks just about right. I also did the first coat on the seats, which I'm also quite pleased with, yes it needs another coat but (I think anyway) its looking promising.

gRMResw.jpg

pRd9rHB.jpg

fMQFNac.jpg

MSvIpy6.jpg

OojTMDW.jpg

OtC6IU6.jpg

FJSjsj2.jpg

F1RcIjI.jpg

qWmOKOB.jpg

KPnxtTZ.jpg

6z4p3Lq.jpg

caY0ghD.jpg

mt9lLqy.jpg

D

Dave1973

Those seats Look perfect!! Excellent effect!! Im not sure you need to do any more to them, perhaps it might be too much, they look top job as they are!