Heller's 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is tonights update (sorry if you're getting bored of this but its a mahoosive project, I don't think I'm half way through it yet) although I have to say I'm really enjoying it, I'm already planning what I'm going to do with the next one.

DSC_0203.JPG

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

DSC_0206.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG

DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0211.JPG

First Name
Robert
Nice update Ken and the body is looking real smooth now after all that work.coming along nicely:smiling3:

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

I was just thinking I said I don't think I'm half way through it yet, I just remembered I'm putting it in a dio so make that 1/4 way through it.

First Name
Robert
OMG what have you got in mind bet it's it's gonna be huge!!:eek:

D

Deleted member 3568

It's going to be parked either out the back of a house in Paris adorned with the cross of lorraine and the tricolour or a shed or garage being loaded up with molotov cocktails grenades and such ready for a French resistance raid.

Oh and I was going to try and get a copy of the fallen Madonna with zee big boobies to put on the rear seat.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Yeah the seats are right on the money Ken.

First Name
Robert
Oh and I was going to try and get a copy of the fallen Madonna with zee big boobies to put on the rear seat.

In the sausage!!! Rene!! ( can you do a sausage Ken??

If it's a garage have ( or can you get a 1/8 bicycle ? ).................. Too much?

Robert

First Name
Robert
I think if for instance the bicycle was in the back of the garage say with a sheet over the handlebars or partially covered or something like that I think you could get away with this ( I have a vision in my head of this dio with the Citroen and a few wine bottles with the odd cotton wool in, a few crates in the garage a pushbike in the back the odd toolbox ( sorry I'll stop.

Great work Ken

Robert

D

Deleted member 3568

That's pretty much my vision plus a few guns, can't find any 1:8 figures so may have to draw them.

T

tommy1drop

This is excellent, it looks more like a restoration project than a kit build, amazing work.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just caught up on this one Ken and your doing a great job. Everyone can see the size and problems your having with it but your getting over them very well. Great work looking forward to many more updates.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've made a decision but I need your help. Citroen have not come up with the colour code for the paint i want so the colour is changing (means carpet colour change (bit of a bummer)) so the wings and main body will be black but the two tone will be either red, white, cream or grey ( don't know how to set a poll so just say red,white,cream or grey)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all a trial fit of the doors.

DSC_0220.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

yes it actually has workin door handles and latches.

First Name
Robert
Cream would look nice against the black paintwork ( something a little special ) well this is defo special Ken.

I agree with other comments looks more like restoration than a kit build.

Also think when it's finished you should send Citroen some pics I'm sue they be proud eh

Ps looking fantastic but then again I think we all think this eh

Robert

T

Triumph

From the sublime (yours) to the ridiculous (mine) :smiling3: and to think I was happy with my little 1/48. Seriously excellent work

21803974828_691d1ce8d6_b.jpg

DSCF0001 by peter, on Flickr

D

Deleted member 3568

I think it's fabulous, it's certainly got a lot of charm about it, and it is 1/48, detail is a lot easier on such a huge scale.

First Name
Robert
Cracking work on the body panels Ken ( love the rising effects your acheiving

Splendid work

It's coming along nicely

Robert