Hms Cornwall 1/350

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mark that weathering really sets it off, well dome mate.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks chaps, itll be a while before i can say im happy with close up views but im pretty happy with the on the shelf view so far.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Mark, were the main deck railings after market ? I have some for 01 deck but not enough for the main deck.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark, were the main deck railings after market ? I have some for 01 deck but not enough for the main deck.
Mine all came in the box, i know some trumpeter kits dont come with enough railings but you usually get the main deck and nothing else, i would look on fleabay youll find some there and a set would give you spare, always worth having.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
So ive got a bit more done,the scratched foreward mast is fitted so at least it will take some rigging unlike the floppy kit supplied one, boats fitted, props are on, just anchors and chains and four ladders left to fit and the build is done . Continuing with the weathering after that and then it shouldnt be to long for the completed section.20230506_171805.jpg20230506_171708.jpg20230506_172107.jpg

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Mark she does look brilliant very nice build an the wheatherin looks good id love to have done some on my tiger but im hopeless at gettin it right
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Superb! As an aside, Jack 'Boy' Cornwall hailed from East Ham along with several other VC holders - we (the Royal British Legion and the local authority) dedicated a memorial to them at the Central Park War Memorial, a very moving ceremony!
Steve

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Wow Mark that's absolutely brilliant mate love the rigging.
Superb! As an aside, Jack 'Boy' Cornwall hailed from East Ham along with several other VC holders - we (the Royal British Legion and the local authority) dedicated a memorial to them at the Central Park War Memorial, a very moving ceremony!
Steve
Thank you chaps :smiling3:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Just found this!! Wow, the weathering is exactly as a war canoe that has spent some time at sea looks. The ship looks superb.
Thanks Doug :smiling3: my first real attempt at 1/350 floaty stuff , still a lot to learn but pretty pleased with how its turning out.