Hobbyboss 1/35 high speed tractor unit

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Colin even though in the first two pictures it looks realy strange back to front looking

C

CDW

does look a bit back to front and inside out doesn't it Ian.

might look better with the tracks on and all the boxes in place on the back.

C

CDW

Well to be honest i've just been getting on with it and neglected to take photos due to basically not being bothered to get the camera charged ... pathetic excuse i know.

I've learnt some things from making this kit.

1: the destructions are pretty much guess work, i.e. some parts just appear on the next step build picture with no indication as to where they come from.

2: the PE stuff is somewhat silly in the fact that if the parts were moulded out of plastuc they would be more realistic, i.e. the windscreen wipers are just a flat brass stick as opposed to a more realistic 3D moulded plaggy bit.

3: the decals are inclined to disolve in any temperature of water in about 2 seconds ... these are now disposed of.

4: a good percentage of bits, even though flash free, need trimming in some form to get them anywhere close to fitting.

Saying all this, it's enjoyable as it's not just an easy quick build, and for the really crappy fitting bits that have made their way to the bin ...its been just as quick and satisfying to scratch the replacement bits up.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
It's certainly coming to life with all your extra goodies Colin.

It is a cob looking vehicle......But built for purpose - Brute force!

Nice, straight forward base too.

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Gregg
Love it, very realistic finish! Hown did you think that one up?

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
I was quite suprised to see the seats had no detail, what with the kit being so nicely moulded etc so i covered them with my favorite laggers tape (crinkled up) and then gave them a mid brown base coat, matt black wash then a light brown dry brush and ended up with this.View attachment 59641View attachment 59642

I had to cut away some of the front seat as it didn't fit in its slot/pins properly, it was butted up against the gear lever thing ... checked the destructions and i'd got everything in the right position so i'm a bit perplexed at this.

View attachment 59643
Love it, very realistic finish! It really does look like leather. How did you think that one up?

Gregg

C

CDW

It's definitly a workhorse Ron, apparently because it's built on the "M" series vehicles there's plenty of spares still to be had and, after a fair bit of t'internetting research, there's examples being used (military and non-military) as of today .. all be them run down a tad:smiling3:

Gregg, I'd used laggers tape to cover some doll house chairs once, and forgot about it... then someone on here used kitchen foil for some seats and i remembered i had some laggers tape left..... as it's self adhesive i could miss out the glueing part :smiling3:

Just took a couple of snaps to show where i'm at, there's a few extra little details need adding (foliage and things like shackles, more ropes maybe), i think i've managed to get it worn and rusty enough to depict excessive use.

Got some figures to add, as you'd expect Korean figures are few and far between so will have to go with some fairly modern figures and paint the early type uniform and see if i can get away with that.

View attachment 60111View attachment 60112

View attachment 61852

View attachment 61853

20130319_102610.jpg

20130319_102654.jpg

A

AJay

Wow! That's awesome, Colin! I could do with a few tips on how you do the groundwork on a dio.....................

S

Sky Raider

Thats a nice peice of work Colin. One fantastic result mate.

Andy

C

CDW

Thanks chaps.

Got some figures started, bit of a mini disaster really, i bought some more "permenent" handwriting pens from "Berol", these are what i use for the fine lines and some detail work on figures etc.

I wondered why the pen lines were bleeding through the acrylic paint and washes .. on testing a pen it seems they are now water based ... i should have noticed the lack of smell when using them to be honest.

I'm gonna try and salvage the figures this afto, if all fails then it's a strip and repaint. ...

View attachment 60188

View attachment 61916

20130321_105144.jpg

C

CDW

got the figures sorted and the diorama completed.

Got a full days drive tomorrow so it'll be posted up sometime Tuesday for all those interested.

Thing is do i just post the completed jobbie here or put it in some "completed" section ... cant actually see a completed section that this would fit in though to be honest. .... mods/admin input please ?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Colin, I had the same problem tonight with my 'Tracker' dio. I can only find 'Completed' sections for specific builds.....G.Bs, SIGs and the like, so I'm hanging fire for the minute and see what evolves......

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mobear

fan bloody tastic Colini want it here in my house next to the coyote i done,5* juicy stars all the way,

mobear

First Name
Andy
Hi Colin,

Sorry Sir, I have only just seen this and have to say it is brilliant, I really love seeing odd vehicles, five huge ***** from me also...:tropthy:

Just a quick note, don't know if you've tried this, but, if you do a Google search for this one (Hobbyboss 1/35 high speed tractor unit), this post comes out at the top...:no1:

M

mobear

Andy you had to tell him didnt you,will be getting his head scratched from here.(ssshhhh dont tell him he deserves the accolade)lol

mobear

J

Jim Scott

Hi Colin just caught up with this one..Well Done its most definitely the dogs dangles. Right down to the detail in the cabs..excellent.. 5* form me..:tropthy: