Ideas for kits wanted

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I'm having a week off at the moment but keep going on my suppliers websites and filling up my shopping baskets ready to press send :smiling3: I'm going to be adding a lot more things to the shop next week at the moment I have 150+ new kits from Tamiya, Zvezda and Italeri waiting to be ordered and thats just from 1 supplier, I'm running out of ideas what to add, I'm filling up more on the 1/35 armour and 1/48 aircraft as I think they are the most popular scales, there's about another 10 paints added to the Model Air range, Tamiya texture paints, glues, scenery stuff, I really want to give my day job and make the shop a success so any ideas or suggestions on what you would like to see being stocked please let me know, off to the beach while the sun is still out :smiling3:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
How about some Academy kits.
I've been looking at them too they seem quite well priced, how are they build wise?

L

lemoff

They have a load of Academy stuff in Modelzone, not sure what sort of pricing you can get on them but certainly the ££ has been a huge factor in a number of impulse buys hehe. Not sure on the build but i have heard good things.

I still vote for an 'I'm feeling lucky' button. Adding a random kit to the basket :D

I wonder... a ball ache for the back end but how about having an option to add to basket some of the main colours for the models?

German/US/UK tank colour for the tanks etc. Might be of use to those that want to order paints (they might not have) at the same time.

I digress, sorry :smiling3:

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I could add those as a product like I do already with a few of the Panzer aces sets but it can be a bit awkward keeping track of stock, I have created a few pages for paints that make it easy to order I'm also going to do the same for pigments, oils washes etc, these are the ones for the paints

ScaleModelShop Online Model Shop - Vallejo ModelAir Colour Chart

ScaleModelShop Online Model Shop - Vallejo Model Color Colour Chart

ScaleModelShop Online Model Shop - Vallejo Panzer Aces Colour Chart

ScaleModelShop Online Model Shop - Tamiya Mini Acrylics Colour Chart

ScaleModelShop Online Model Shop - Xtracrylix Paints Colour Chart

As for prices for the kits, there isn't a Modelzone near me so I don't know how much they charge, I have noticed a few suppliers increase the RRP then give you more discount so it looks like you are saving more money, I have a standard 10% off the real RRP I can't really go much more than that the profits in models is not a big one, no matter which manufacturer you get.

L

lemoff

Are those colour chart pages new? I like!!!

Ok, i get the put the price up so it looks like you get more of a discount. But.... prices like the following made my buy.

Academy P-47D Thunderbolt - £6.99.

Academy Achilles 1/35 £12.99

Revell raketen jagdpanzer jaguar £9.99

I certainly wouldnt have brought them at full price but they seem to be a good deal.

Obviously, im not sure if you can get prices on these sort of kits to do something similar. If you can then i think that you will shift stock with a bit of targeted advertising :D

Maybe a bargain bin section? The clearance section has a lot of.... to be honest, not sure what's there but I think its for diorama's. Perhaps some discounted kits in there like above.

I mentioned a while ago that once i have done the usual kits (lancaster/spitfire etc) im not sure what else to do. Unfortunately, thanks to those deals and no will power i now have a small stash growing. If ordered from your site before say 12, generally speaking the package turns up the following day. Might be worth advertising that a bit more. If someone thinks that they can get their order the following day then it might stop the popping to their local model shop.

This just in.....(small brain wave) how about some links to help people choose what kit to build?

When walking about MZ i saw some premade kits on display. I saw some that i liked and added them to a list of future builds. Maybe some pictures of forum members build or perhaps links to some military aircraft/vehicles of kits that you stock. Just to get them in the mood :smiling3:

Not sure if this is of any use, just some ideas to throw around.

Right, i really had better get back to some work.

R

Richy C

What about a few more 1/35 figures John , maybe a few tankcrews or tank riders ie- miniart and dragon could be a seller seeing more people on here are making dio`s .

Richy

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Are those colour chart pages new? I like!!!Ok, i get the put the price up so it looks like you get more of a discount. But.... prices like the following made my buy.

Academy P-47D Thunderbolt - £6.99.

Academy Achilles 1/35 £12.99

Revell raketen jagdpanzer jaguar £9.99
Those academy kits I would be cheaper the revell kit is a brilliant price couldn't get anywhere near it, they should alway be able to beat me in price if they import but I will alway try my best to be compatible.

\ said:
What about a few more 1/35 figures John , maybe a few tankcrews or tank riders ie- miniart and dragon could be a seller seeing more people on here are making dio`s .Richy
Already added some to my order, it's getting to be an expensive holiday just sat here browsing :smiling3:

L

lemoff

If you can get near that price, get a couple and see what sells :D

N

noble

John how about a few sci-fi bits e.g the 1/32 revell and mobius colonial star fighters or if you can find it the babylon 5 star fury.

scott

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I will look at those for my next order, I've got together what I'm going to be ordering over 300 new products, I will start adding them to the site next week it's going to take me a while, I've not just got kits but things like sceanery stuff for dios from treemendus, I will post once I've finished.

C

Cooperman69

Hi John,

How about the Italeri aircraft display stands.I bought some today and really pleased with them for the price.

There's 2 per pack, 1 is a pretty normal black molded type whereas the other is a bit more of a posh silver with perspex arm. Their both great for 1/72 and 1/48th scale, although I would limit the 1/48th kits to single seater fighter kits.

Atb, Colin.

B

Bunkerbarge

John, I still think attracting kids is a useful way to go, they are the experienced modellers of tomorrow. Cheap starter kits including glue and paints at a competetive price or even give one away with any order over fifty quid or something. Then the kids can make thier own while Dad does his.

L

lemoff

I like the sci-fi idea. I would certainly be interested in some star wars kits, as long as they arent the easy fit ones.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
John, I still think attracting kids is a useful way to go, they are the experienced modellers of tomorrow. Cheap starter kits including glue and paints at a competetive price or even give one away with any order over fifty quid or something. Then the kids can make thier own while Dad does his.
I was going to start stocking Warcraft kits but the more I looked in to it the more I realised I was out of my depth there are so many different ones I didn't know where to start, but I have been thinking and I was going to place a big order for tamiya kits but I think I will cut that down a little and add some cheaper airfix, revell etc.

L

lemoff

John, do you mind me asking what warcraft kits are available?

I might be interested in some of those myself.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I was going direct so they would all be available, I still might start stocking them sometime in the future but I will need to look in to it further.

L

lemoff

I googled them but couldnt see much in the way of warcraft kits, i wondered what there was.