I've been having a play :)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you turn the new building 90deg against the clock, could it make a corner scene...?

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was thinking the other way around, so the one with the Jeep is at the end of the other one but the Jeep is hiding around the corner. Both the Germans and the Americans are in for a shock sort of thing.

But If you can fill that base board.... For for it.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I like that idea Ian and it wouldn't take much to turn it around I'll have a play later :smiling3: and there is no problem with filling that board I have loads of stuff to do that with I might even put some troops sneaking around them to attack them from the left flank :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looking good there Alan, this should be to your high standards and a superb looking dio when finished.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Si appreciate it

I'm my own worse enemy though mate I start off wth a simple idea and it grows into something three times the size lol

I don't know about high standards mate I just bung things together and it seems to work lol

I don't how or why :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers Si appreciate itI'm my own worse enemy though mate I start off wth a simple idea and it grows into something three times the size lol

I don't know about high standards mate I just bung things together and it seems to work lol

I don't how or why :D
LOL, your dio standards are good, well thought out, some folk over do them or plan them poorly, yours take on that look of enough interesting bits to get your eye to roam over the piece without all the action in one place and confusing. I know a modeller who makes superb models and I mean superb...certs and medals won at shows, these are scratch built and kits...but he cannot make a dio for love nor money, no idea how to plan it or set one out...strange but some folk just cannot grasp it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
LOL, your dio standards are good, well thought out, some folk over do them or plan them poorly, yours take on that look of enough interesting bits to get your eye to roam over the piece without all the action in one place and confusing. I know a modeller who makes superb models and I mean superb...certs and medals won at shows, these are scratch built and kits...but he cannot make a dio for love nor money, no idea how to plan it or set one out...strange but some folk just cannot grasp it.Si:smiling3:
It's really strange that maybe he's the type of person that is great if he's got instructions to build something but when it comes to thinking he's totally lost

Me I don't know how mine come together to be honest I think it might be my child side coming out lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
It's really strange that maybe he's the type of person that is great if he's got instructions to build something but when it comes to thinking he's totally lostMe I don't know how mine come together to be honest I think it might be my child side coming out lol
You could right there Alan, my dios are set out as I would like to be if I was playing lol...so..."Sooooooooo, who want's to play Jap's and Commando's!"

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I bet there isn't a bloke on here who doesn't do machine gun sounds when fixing soldiers onto a dio lol

First Name
Andy
\ said:
I bet there isn't a bloke on here who doesn't do machine gun sounds when fixing soldiers onto a dio lol
Hi Alan,

I couldn't agree with you more Sir ;) , I sometimes make engine noises when I am building a car ;) ...

Looking forward to seeing this come together, may I ask, are the buildings and roads etc kits or are the scratched built...

Andy...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Bunch of chuffing kids, GROW UP WILL YA! Now I have my Canberra to make up so will need time to play...er...get my mind focused...

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi Alan,I couldn't agree with you more Sir ;) , I sometimes make engine noises when I am building a car ;) ...

Looking forward to seeing this come together, may I ask, are the buildings and roads etc kits or are the scratched built...

Andy...
These are kits apart from the wood floor in that corner house that is scratch built using coffee stirrers

I have built a house out of balsa wood for the wife thou and it's worked out cheeper than buying the kits so I might do that in future

I wonder how many folk who build aircraft fly them when completed :smiling3:

P

Polux

Looking very good!

But I'm with Andy, there will be buildings or other items..?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I wonder how many folk who build aircraft fly them when completed :smiling3:
Chuffing loads...................................

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
:oops::rolleyes:

daka daka dak. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyooooooooowwwwwwwwwww

I Like a good dio and can if pushed do one. I personally think they take up to much room. I would rather use the space from one dio, to display five aircraft.

I bet this one of yours Alan will be a fair size to.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
:oops::rolleyes:daka daka dak. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyooooooooowwwwwwwwwww

I Like a good dio and can if pushed do one. I personally think they take up to much room. I would rather use the space from one dio, to display five aircraft.

I bet this one of yours Alan will be a fair size to.

Ian M
I've just measured the base and it's 2ft by 1ft so for that size area I reckon you can about 8-10 1/72 scale aircraft on that base so I see your point

I like dio's due to the story you can create :smiling3: