Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I tend to stick with a simple base.

The last real dio I did was years ago. It ended up 1x2meter and a good 50cm high..... Mummy was not pleased...I wish I had photos of it. It ended up getting broken up and trashed. I just saved the models, but alas they are also now a distant past. I recall it had two or three tigers, a couple of flak 88, and a few trucks and kubelwagons.

I do have an idea for another but not the best time.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I tend to stick with a simple base.The last real dio I did was years ago. It ended up 1x2meter and a good 50cm high..... Mummy was not pleased...I wish I had photos of it. It ended up getting broken up and trashed. I just saved the models, but alas they are also now a distant past. I recall it had two or three tigers, a couple of flak 88, and a few trucks and kubelwagons.

I do have an idea for another but not the best time.

Ian M
Closest I ever got to making a diorama as a kid was a 17lb gun with crew and I got an old picture frame put some dirt out the garden on it and plonked the gun and figures on it , I thought it looked ace but in reality it was probably very poorly painted and probably covered in glue finger prints lol

But I have always liked dioramas but back in the day t was all war stuff now I like to do war themes but more in between battle sort of thing

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Well if they are mate you've hidden it well lol
I re-do the photos in Photoshop lol.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Andy
\ said:
I recall it had two or three tigers, a couple of flak 88, and a few trucks and kubelwagons.I do have an idea for another but not the best time.

Ian M
Where the Germans visiting a Zoo... ;) (so sorry Sir, I shall get my coat)

\ said:
I re-do the photos in Photoshop lol.Si:smiling3:
I think you jest Sir, your builds would be too hard to alter in Photoshop, you have some great modelling skills Sir... ;)

Andy...

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.

I re-do the photos in Photoshop lol.

I think you jest Sir, your builds would be too hard to alter in Photoshop, you have some great modelling skills Sir... ;)

Andy...
Why thank you Andy, but I cannot live with this damn lie any more...OH THE SHAME! The models are made by a small trained rat called Nobby, for a small box of straw and some scraps to eat he makes my models...I know it is despicable of me to claim credit for others work but...there are no excuses, forgive me...I shall release Nobby back to the place where I got him from...the Government, there all rats there. ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, it seems you and I are alike....

Just a vague idea, stare at the base and wait for something to come along........Then not give a stuff about altering the thing - no matter how drastic - as the build progresses!!!

Looking good mate,

Ron

N

noble

Alan try roughly sketching a couple of ideas on paper and see where it goes will keep watching to see how you progress nice start though.

Scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Alan try roughly sketching a couple of ideas on paper and see where it goes will keep watching to see how you progress nice start though.Scott
That's a good idea Scott , I've got a rough idea about this and with the size of it now I think I can get away with it without compromising space

I might work it out on the board I will use so I can get a feel for what I want

Thanks again for the idea :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Hi Alan,

real nice start will be interested to see what you do with it,

i do real like the looks off the building the balance with the weathering is my point off interest at the moment ,

and have been holding my street back never happy with what i have done, but you seam to nail that one,

noticed you said you use ice-pole sticks for the floor boards, did you cut them down bu 1/2 or 1/4 s ?

and if you do make some furniture would lov to see it, i have been trying to find some planes for 1.35

but can only seen to find 1.48 scale or 1/16 so too small or to big, off doll sites or were ever

be waiting to see what you do next ,

cheers

Moni

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Hi Alan,real nice start will be interested to see what you do with it,

i do real like the looks off the building the balance with the weathering is my point off interest at the moment ,

and have been holding my street back never happy with what i have done, but you seam to nail that one,

noticed you said you use ice-pole sticks for the floor boards, did you cut them down bu 1/2 or 1/4 s ?

and if you do make some furniture would lov to see it, i have been trying to find some planes for 1.35

but can only seen to find 1.48 scale or 1/16 so too small or to big, off doll sites or were ever

be waiting to see what you do next ,

cheers

Moni
Hello Monica thank you glad you like it

I didn't use ice-lolly sticks for the floor I used wooden coffie stirrers and cut them to the desiered leanth , you can get them from mcdonalds or coffie shops and also from craft shops

I have put this on hold for the time being due to me having to buy a new vehicle as I have pinched the jeep for another dio I'm working on , I will be making some furniture for this one so I'll put up some pics when I've done that