Japanese Type 1 75mm SPG Okinawa 1944

D

dougie

Nice, this is pretty cool. from some angles the green leaves look perfect, the are quite bright compared to the tank though. 4780 is a good pic, if you could put this against A real woodland background it would look great

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
From what I can see of the tank it looks good Jim thing it it looks like a mobile bush any chance of seeing the tank :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
I dig this....the foliage is fantastic! The fact that someone said it looks like a mobile bush means this looks spot on. Great build Jim.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
From what I can see of the tank it looks good Jim thing it it looks like a mobile bush any chance of seeing the tank :smiling3:
Good disguise then oops someone already made that comment Sorry:oops:

Robert

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I like it! Looks very good

Lee :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I guess it might survive a while in battle then

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Nice, this is pretty cool. from some angles the green leaves look perfect, the are quite bright compared to the tank though. 4780 is a good pic, if you could put this against A real woodland background it would look great
Thanks Dougie, vegetation is real so I guess Mother Nature will have to field the brightness issue, though I can say that being in the service my self one was compelled to keep "freshening" up the camo lest you stand out like a sore thumb against live foliage. I do appreciate your comments though

as I do everyones :smiling3:

C

chris2681

Is that mom's herbs you been clipping? she gonna be pissed when she sees her fresh rosmary draped over a model! :P

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Is that mom's herbs you been clipping? she gonna be pissed when she sees her fresh rosmary draped over a model! :P
It does smell nice though :D

D

dubster72

I really like that Jim, it's rare as hens teeth to see some Japanese armour, but you've done it proud!

I do like how your drybrushing (?) adds a subtle depth to the build - I'd like to see you do a step by step build soon?

It's crying out for some crew figures though ;)

D

dougie

\ said:
Thanks Dougie, vegetation is real so I guess Mother Nature will have to field the brightness issue, though I can say that being in the service my self one was compelled to keep "freshening" up the camo lest you stand out like a sore thumb against live foliage. I do appreciate your comments though
as I do everyones :smiling3:
That's fine, I know nothing about tanks and such so I'm happy to be wrong, it just looked like a lot of contrast. I still like the tank haha

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I guess it might survive a while in battle then
I want to see the tank Jim , it's ok putting greenery on but it hides the tank and I can never understand that , yes it factual but doesn't it defeat the purpose of building the model if you can't actually see it ?

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I want to see the tank Jim , it's ok putting greenery on but it hides the tank and I can never understand that , yes it factual but doesn't it defeat the purpose of building the model if you can't actually see it ?
Sorry you feel that way Alan, yes maybe I should have shown the vehicle before I added camo but since it is glued on and set in I won't pull it apart {you understand I'm sure} but no worries my friend, I will be putting out my Super Pershing project shortly and I promise not to load it up with clutter. P.S. vehicle is a SPG {self propelled gun} technically not a tank ;) Thank you for your kind attention as always.............Jim

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
That's fine, I know nothing about tanks and such so I'm happy to be wrong, it just looked like a lot of contrast. I still like the tank haha
You are not wrong in any way my friend, just voicing your opinion which is what this forum is all about. I did not mean to sound defensive or to correct you in any way, all comments are welcome and much appreciated . :smiling3: Jim.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Sorry you feel that way Alan, yes maybe I should have shown the vehicle before I added camo but since it is glued on and set in I won't pull it apart {you understand I'm sure} but no worries my friend, I will be putting out my Super Pershing project shortly and I promise not to load it up with clutter. P.S. vehicle is a SPG {self propelled gun} technically not a tank ;) Thank you for your kind attention as always.............Jim
Oh right , it does look good I just wanted to know if you'd taken photos of it before it was all canoed up , I wasn't saying it was rubbish like that I just thought the tank :P would have been a priority as well , I've only done one with foliage on but I took photos of just the tank so people could see see it befor I put that on I wondered if you'd done the same :smiling3: