Japanese Type 1 75mm SPG Okinawa 1944

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thank

\ said:
I really like that Jim, it's rare as hens teeth to see some Japanese armour, but you've done it proud!
I do like how your drybrushing (?) adds a subtle depth to the build - I'd like to see you do a step by step build soon?

It's crying out for some crew figures though ;)
Thank you Patrick, I do appreciate your comments, if you would be so kind as to take a look at my "Duster SPAAG" {self propelled anti - air craft gun} thread in "completed armored vehicles" you will find a rather detailed description of my technique as asked for by our friend Amos "Tibbs" just keep scrolling the comments, you'll find it. I hope it will give you some insight into my technique until I can put together something proper in a "build in progress" thread, again I am indeed flattered that you would take an interest my way of weathering etc.. Cheers...Jim :smiling3:

D

dougie

\ said:
You are not wrong in any way my friend, just voicing your opinion which is what this forum is all about. I did not mean to sound defensive or to correct you in any way, all comments are welcome and much appreciated . :smiling3: Jim.
It's a pity unless I was a writer my tone doesn't come over in texts well, I wasn't annoyed or anything! :smiling3: keep up the good work :cool:

Cheers

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
lov it Jim,your done a superb job with the camo,the foliage is fantastic, ;)

like to see some think Japanese from time to time,great build and base, :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
lov it Jim,your done a superb job with the camo,the foliage is fantastic, ;)
like to see some think Japanese from time to time,great build and base, :D
Thanks Monica, thought I'd do something a bit different.

Can collect little do-dads from the gardens now, just dried them and sprayed the with some clear-coat. was rather fun this one.. :smiling3: Cheers!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
It ain't THAT bad is it? :sad:
We can go days before anyone responds sometimes. It's no reflection on your work, just whether people see it. I'm no tank expert, but it looks great on that base and the foliage is a nice touch I think. Great build Jim.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
We can go days before anyone responds sometimes. It's no reflection on your work, just whether people see it. I'm no tank expert, but it looks great on that base and the foliage is a nice touch I think. Great build Jim.
Thanks Joe, I really appreciate that.......... :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I dig this....the foliage is fantastic! The fact that someone said it looks like a mobile bush means this looks spot on. Great build Jim.
Thanks Aaron, should have taken some pics of vehicle before gluing on veg but nothing I can do about it now :oops: but next time I do a camo scene I will make sure to do so. Jim

J

Josh

Looks really good !!!

I was considering buying one of these myself

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like this Josh, nice build and the board just sets it off. Great work mate.

Si:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I like this Josh, nice build and the board just sets it off. Great work mate.
Si:smiling3:
Thank you Si, Josh thanks you too I think............Jim :D

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Very nice Jim
Thanks much Ian, had to make some use of weedy things about, we had such a hard winter this year I just needed a bit of the tropics in my first spring post..:rolleyes:.......Jim

First Name
barry
Looks good to me jim a couple of figures lurking in that undergrowth would look good though.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Looks good to me jim a couple of figures lurking in that undergrowth would look good though.
Thanks Barry, I hear that a lot but I just don't get a kick out of doing them. I feel they are a bit of a distraction from the model itself and besides my modeling time is a bit limited. Call me a "purist" but that's just me I guess. I will do them when needed as in a dio or where I want to make a point but as a rule not so much. Am thinking of a WW1 dio, with plenty of carnage so I'll be doing some then as soon as I can get my hands on some...........Cheers...Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Sorry Jim... :D
No need to be sorry my friend, after all I thought your "Dalek" was a plumber from outer space :P :D