Karl's and Andrew's WW II Soviet wingy thing GB - any takers?

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Count me In - I've a few 1/48 candidates in the stash - Stormovlk, Su-2, Po-2, I-153, I-16, Yak-3 - I won't decide yet - I'll do one that no-one else does!
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Not being a wingy guy means I will give this one a miss but will be watching the builds as I still admire model aircraft even if I don't build them.

Andy

Neither was I but I probably have as many wingy kits in the stash as I do armour!! Go on...you can het some good kits for under £20 @ 1/48!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ho yus. That'll give me an 'excuse' to finish that MiG-3...
Oh, and the Winter War? DEFINITELY part of WW2, but saying 'outbreak' of WW2 is less easy to define... Khalkin Gol anyone?
Hi Chris

Just checking that you are definitely in for this?

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ok , so a Soviet aircraft GB , what makes you think I would be interested? :rolling::smiling5:
Of course I’m in , got a good few in the stash and may even do more than one !

Not sure Tony TBH. I felt your name calling for some inexplicable reason. I do keep meaning to ask though, what's the 'yak' in your username mean??? :thinking::thinking:

In all seriousness, you've been very supportive since I started dabbling in wingy things. I do have one condition though given your penchant for Soviet planes.....you have to build the same kit as mean and make sure you're ahead of me in the build process, so I can follow what you do! ;)

Glad to have you on board!

I found the thread I was referring to.

Sorry, I no longer participate in GB’s but I’ll follow with interest.

Rick no problem, I for one would welcome whatever advice and support you can provide!

Count me In - I've a few 1/48 candidates in the stash - Stormovlk, Su-2, Po-2, I-153, I-16, Yak-3 - I won't decide yet - I'll do one that no-one else does!
Dave

Thanks for joining Dave. So that rules out the Yak-3 for you....sorry but it's the only one I have in the stash.

Thanks again all!

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ok.....so I have done a quick tally and so far six people have signed up for this, including Karl and I.

If I've missed anyone out of the list, please let me know:

Andrew aka adt70hk
Karl aka KarlW
Andy aka The Smythe Meister
Dave aka Dave Ward
Ian aka papa 695
Tony aka yak face

ATB

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Will sit and watch Andrew , only built 2 Russian planes in 1/72 and that Mossy .
Hope you don't mind .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Will sit and watch Andrew , only built 2 Russian planes in 1/72 and that Mossy .
Hope you don't mind .

Go on John! You know you want to!! ;)

Seriously though as a Soviet 4BO man you will have a seat reserved on the front row!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I have a 1-32 scale I-16 in the stash and a GB would be a good excuse to build my first plane for a few years, but not sure if I will be free of my other distractions by October. Can I pencil myself in maybe?
I guess the Spanish Civil War doesn't qualify as a time-frame,then?

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I have a 1-32 scale I-16 in the stash and a GB would be a good excuse to build my first plane for a few years, but not sure if I will be free of my other distractions by October. Can I pencil myself in maybe?
No, I'm afraid the Spanish civil war falls into the same catagory as the Russian Japanese Border Wars, sort of a pre-war affair.
But I love an I-16 so hope you can join.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Neil. I'll add you to the list as a possible.

Andrew

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thanks for joining Dave. So that rules out the Yak-3 for you....sorry but it's the only one I have in the stash.
! reckon that the Zvezda Sukhoi Su-2 will be the one - I've not seen it featured in many places - one of those unpopular models, even less popular now as it's made by Zvezda ( it's been in my stash for over 5 years! ). Russian land equivalent of the Avenger...............
Dave

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
! reckon that the Zvezda Sukhoi Su-2 will be the one - I've not seen it featured in many places - one of those unpopular models, even less popular now as it's made by Zvezda ( it's been in my stash for over 5 years! ). Russian land equivalent of the Avenger...............
Dave

Thanks Dave.....don't think I've heard of that.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Dave
The avenger was more of a torpedo bomber Dave (I’ve got one for the carrier war GB)……not much call for that over land. The Su-2 seems more like the earlier Vindicator, only more effective……be good to see it built.