Karl's and Andrew's WW II Soviet wingy thing GB - any takers?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, it's now official....
.... I am definitely "In" :smiling3: .....
IMG20230414153457.jpg
..... a huge "THANK YOU" to Karl for this. ;)
I mentioned that I didn't have any Russian Wingy thing,and he offered this up for a swap initially.When I asked him what he fancied in exchange he changed his mind,and said "just have it".... wouldn't even accept anything for postage!!
In the end he settled on," buy me a pint some time",which means that this will actually end up the most expensive kit I've ever got.....
..... do you know how much it costs to get from Devon to Northern Ireland?!!! ;)

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
View attachment 479315
I mentioned that I didn't have any Russian Wingy thing,and he offered this up for a swap initially.When I asked him what he fancied in exchange he changed his mind,and said "just have it".... wouldn't even accept anything for postage!!
In the end he settled on," buy me a pint some time",which means that this will actually end up the most expensive kit I've ever got.....
..... do you know how much it costs to get from Devon to Northern Ireland?!!! ;)
National Express is still a thing......

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
View attachment 479315
Nice one karl , top man . So Andy youve now got yourself a lovely little ‘Ishak’ to build ( Russian for donkey, lets hope the kit doesnt live up to its name !!)
I think I’m going to start with the Tupolev tu 2 I got from your good self and if i have enough time maybe another quickie ! Cheers tony

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
..... it is indeed....
.... but they don't float very well!! ;)
Having used it plenty before easy jet became a thing they kick you off the bus and put you on a ferry, that floats, the bus used to go stop at every village between Stranraer and Carlisle though, but they've since had bypasses built so don't know if that's still the case.
16 hours to London........

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
View attachment 479315

And there is the worst kept secret on the forum laid bare!

@KarlW well done for your generosity!

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
And whilst we're on the topic of National Express, who can forget this 1990s masterpiece......

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Will sit and watch Andrew , only built 2 Russian planes in 1/72 and that Mossy .
Hope you don't mind .
You did a wonderful job on the one small Soviet WWII fighter in 1/72 many years ago John I can’t forget that one.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You did a wonderful job on the one small Soviet WWII fighter in 1/72 many years ago John I can’t forget that one.
Thanks Lee, the whole 1/72 is just too small for me these days ,even with an optovisor.Will enjoy the thread though, as know very little about the Soviet Air Force .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good morning all

So just a self-centred bump for those that may have missed this during the week and also to update the list, although we still have plenty of time before it starts!!

If I have missed anyone off, then please let me know.

ATB.

Andrew

----------------- Participants list to date -----------------

Confirmed:

Andrew aka @adt70hk
Karl aka @KarlW
Andy aka @The Smythe Meister
Dave aka @Dave Ward
Ian aka @papa 695
Tony aka @yak face

Possible(s):
Neil aka @Neil Merryweather